Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DBM View
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DBM View Post 25808 by killerserv on Tuesday 6th of August 2002 04:18:47 AM
Old 08-06-2002
Not to sure about this, but is the DBM file you are refering to is (simple database Interface)? Else check this site for DMBedit utility

http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/dbmedit/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view all others terminals

i'm responsible for maintenance at my place and would like to watch all terminals in front me.i log myself into one terminal, but would like to view copy of other's terminals visible to me, it is just like for audit/security watch. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view my IP

I run Ubuntu server 7.04, to learn some *nix. I set up LAMP, DNS and FTP but I don't know how to view my ip. now I tried ifconfig but that didnt tell me what I wanted to know. so by what way can I do this without a gui and a website like ipchicken? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
14 Replies

3. Solaris

dbm file in NIS

Can anyone tell what is the exact use of dbm file in NIS? would be much appreciable if explain in good way. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DBM database conversion?

I have a DBM database back up file I'd like to convert to mySQL or even to a .CSV, but....... How can I do it? The big problem is I have no idea about scripts, how to install them etc. so these methods are basically useless to me. I guess is there a data base migration software for dummies? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash33
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to view socket_udp_rcvbuf_default'value in hp-ux

In the hp-ux 11.31 environment . How can i view the values of below parameters: socket_udp_rcvbuf_default socket_udp_sndbuf_default thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I view file?

I am trying to view the files in /etc/security/audit/SERVERNAME/files, but when I gunzip them and then do a cat I get a bunch of garbage with some stuff that makes sense. I need to view this file without having all the garbage. I tried to cat it and vi it without any luck. Can someone show me an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to view all DB

Hi Gurus, How to view only a database files on solaris. Please do a reply at the earliest. Thanks | P.Bharathiraja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathiraja
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View my posts

How can I view a list of my posts.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
DBM(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    DBM(3)

NAME
dbm_clearerr, dbm_close, dbm_delete, dbm_dirfno, dbm_error, dbm_fetch, dbm_firstkey, dbm_nextkey, dbm_open, dbm_store -- database access functions SYNOPSIS
#include <fcntl.h> #include <ndbm.h> DBM * dbm_open(const char *base, int flags, int mode); void dbm_close(DBM *db); int dbm_store(DBM *db, datum key, datum data, int flags); datum dbm_fetch(DBM *db, datum key); int dbm_delete(DBM *db, datum key); datum dbm_firstkey(DBM *db); datum dbm_nextkey(DBM *db); int dbm_error(DBM *db); int dbm_clearerr(DBM *db); int dbm_dirfno(DBM *db); DESCRIPTION
Database access functions. These functions are implemented using dbopen(3) with a hash(3) database. datum is declared in <ndbm.h>: typedef struct { char *dptr; int dsize; } datum; The dbm_open(base, flags, mode) function opens or creates a database. The base argument is the basename of the file containing the database; the actual database has a .db suffix. I.e., if base is "/home/me/mystuff" then the actual database is in the file /home/me/mystuff.db. The flags and mode arguments are passed to open(2). (O_RDWR | O_CREAT) is a typical value for flags; 0660 is a typical value for mode. O_WRONLY is not allowed in flags. The pointer returned by dbm_open() identifies the database and is the db argument to the other functions. The dbm_open() function returns NULL and sets errno if there were any errors. The dbm_close(db) function closes the database. The dbm_store(db, key, data, flags) function inserts or replaces an entry in the database. The flags argument is either DBM_INSERT or DBM_REPLACE. If flags is DBM_INSERT and the database already contains an entry for key, that entry is not replaced. Otherwise the entry is replaced or inserted. The dbm_store() function normally returns zero but returns 1 if the entry could not be inserted (because flags is DBM_INSERT, and an entry with key already exists) or returns -1 and sets errno if there were any errors. The dbm_fetch(db, key) function returns NULL or the data corresponding to key. The dbm_delete(db, key) function deletes the entry for key. The dbm_delete() function normally returns zero or returns -1 and sets errno if there were any errors. The dbm_firstkey(db) function returns the first key in the database. The dbm_nextkey(db) function returns subsequent keys. The db_firstkey() function must be called before dbm_nextkey(). The order in which keys are returned is unspecified and may appear random. The dbm_nextkey() function returns NULL after all keys have been returned. The dbm_error(db) function returns the errno value of the most recent error. The dbm_clearerr(db) function resets this value to 0 and returns 0. The dbm_dirfno(db) function returns the file descriptor to the database. SEE ALSO
open(2), dbopen(3), hash(3) STANDARDS
These functions (except dbm_dirfno()) are included in the Version 2 of the Single UNIX Specification (``SUSv2''). BSD
February 19, 2015 BSD