Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet problem
Special Forums IP Networking telnet problem Post 25651 by rahul72 on Friday 2nd of August 2002 04:11:14 AM
Old 08-02-2002
telnet problem

Hello friends,

The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured -

ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files

The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services files has entry of telnet.

Please suggest some solution for that. It has become bottleneck of the project.

Regards,
Rahul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problem using Telnet!!!!

Good day to you all, Hope you must doing good..me..oh no I am not..I've trying to log on to my network from home...but it's not letting me...I am trying to use telnet cis.hfcc.net but it's saying "connection to the host cannot to be established"????what is this...any good reason...do I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahaislam
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

telnet problem, help

Hi, My network layout is: Pub LAN | freeBSD | Internal LAN | + telnet srv on HP-UX 10.x box + other services (http, pop3, smtp, ftp)... I've the following problem: Inside Internal LAN I can connect myself to HP-UX telnet but from Public LAN in some place is refusing me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

4. AIX

telnet problem

hi all, i have a problem in telnet.when i am using telnet to my new aix server it takes about 5min to open. can any one tell what i have to do.???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Telnet Problem Help

Dear All I have a Sun280R server when i telnet to this server from my Laptop i got error : Could connect to 192.168.199.10(Server IP):port 23 closed I want to login to the server through its Db25 serial port but i used to connect to it from my laptop through USB to db9 then to Db25 so do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Problem

I have a problem where on one unix machine I can telnet all IP addresses in the host file with no connection problem and another machine has recently started to have trouble connecting with the same host IP's on just some IP addresses where it had no trouble before. Have any ideas?? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet problem

Hello everyone, I have got this following script to telnet to other UNIX boxes from one UNIX box and then run a script to count a certain paramater. The following line connects to the other box(es): (sleep 1; echo $username; sleep 1; echo $password ; sleep 1 ; echo y; sleep 1; echo "\r" ; sleep 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Net::Telnet

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::Telnet (); my $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/.*(#|>|\))\s*$/'); my $remote_host='home'; $t->open(Host => $remote_host, Port =>23); $t->login('root', 'pass'); the error that I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

10. Linux

telnet problem

ok, i need to test a list of addresses via telnet and make sure that i get a response like the following: telnet anag.testboalo.com443 Trying 100.100.100.100... Connected to anag.testboalo.com. Escape character is '^]'. The thing is, for each address I telnet to, the telnet hangs in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
inetd.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     inetd.conf(4)

NAME
inetd.conf - configuration file for inetd DESCRIPTION
On invocation, the daemon reads its configuration information from the configuration file, and possibly at some later time in response to a signal (see inetd(1M)). Each line in the file is treated either as a comment or as configuration information for a given service Comments are denoted by a at the beginning of a line. Noncomment lines contain seven or nine required fields, depending on the service name specified in the first field. Fields are separated by tabs and/or spaces. A line can be continued if it terminates with a Each configuration line in the file contains the following fields in the order indicated: o service name o socket type o protocol o o user o server program o program number (NFS RPC services only) o version number (NFS RPC services only) o server program arguments Fields are constructed as follows: service name if the server is RPC-based (NFS); otherwise, the name of a valid service in file For example, for the service (see remsh(1)), for the service (see rlogin(1)), and for the service (see telnet(1)). socket type or depending on whether the server socket is a stream or a datagram socket, or intended for a program built using the XTI API. protocol Must be a valid protocol as given in for example, or For an XTI service, the protocol field is treated as: o A network_ID for an RPC service, (see netconfig(4)). o A device name in the directory for a non-RPC service. For example, if is specified, the path will be used. For IPv6 applications the protocol is specified as either or Specifies whether should act as a single- or multi-threaded server. Instructs to start one server to handle an incoming request, and cease listening for new requests for the same service until the server that started has exited. Same as but instructs to expect the server to accept the incoming request. Instructs to start one server for each incoming request. Most UDP-based services use for this field, while TCP-based services use user User ID to be used when the server is running. server program Absolute path name of the program executed by when it finds a request on the server's socket. server program arguments Arguments to the server program. The same as in normal use, starting with which is the name of the program. If service name is (NFS RPC services), two extra fields are required. They must appear between the server program field and the server program arguments field: program number Defines a particular service grouping and is unique. version number Version supported by the RPC service. This number can be a single value, or a range, if the program handles multiple versions; for example, or Ranges are separated by a hyphen Version numbers allow RPC protocols to be extended and modified, and make it possible for old and new protocols to share the same server process. Built-in inetd Services The daemon provides several "trivial" services internally by use of built-in routines (see inetd(1M) for a list of these services). To configure an internal service, specify as the server program name, and omit the server program arguments field. EXAMPLES
Configure the service to use TCP protocol, and run the server as user The above is an example of the remsh utility run in the IPv4 mode. To run the above utility in the IPv6 mode, the protocol must be changed to Thus the above configuration is re-written as below to run in mode. Configure the FTP server to timeout an inactive session after 75 seconds. The above ftp service can be run in IPv6 mode using the configuration shown below: Configure an RPC-based service. Note that the service name field contains and two more fields are used: the program number(100008) and version number(1). Configure to use the built-in TCP service. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. NFS was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), exec(2), fork(2), inetd.sec(4), protocols(4), services(4). inetd.conf(4)