Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity HELP!Cant use WinMx, Kazaa, cant play internet music Post 25625 by jigarlakhani on Thursday 1st of August 2002 01:03:44 PM
Old 08-01-2002
Network HELP!Cant use WinMx, Kazaa, cant play internet music

This sucks becuase our company allowed us to use AOL aim, i was able to use winmx and now I am so locked down that I cant do any other that! I believe we might be going tru a firewall that blocks all this..i am sure there are ports open which I can use..can anobyd suggest me any workarounds??THIS SUCKS!!!
Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

play cd? how?

hi all, How do I set up my cdrom to play some regular audio cd (not cd-r or cd-rw). I know that my cdrom has been mounted as it does pop up the file manager if I put in, e.g., the office52 cd. Thanks in advance. Andre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need something new to play with

I posted this question in the dummies forums, but I would like to get a more expert opinion... I am looking for a new OS to play with. I have a celron 450 running slackware linux, a powermac G4 450 running Mac OS X (Which by the way has 81 days of uptime as of this moment), a PowerBook G3 running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewhite04
5 Replies

3. SuSE

kazaa or somthing like it?!?!?!?

hey i'm looking for somthing like kazaa that i can use to download some music on, i've relly liked teh progs you guys recommended for MSN so i figured i'd get soem more recomendations....lol thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

play

dear friends, i have linux system . can i play songs in linux system. like winamp player in windows. let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
2 Replies

5. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Play sound

hi i want to produce digit sounds.for ex: if my input text is four five six then code should able to produce sounds corresponding to digits which are stored in some directory as four.wav,five.wav etc.Please help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
8 Replies
FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)						  firewalld.zones						FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)

NAME
firewalld.zones - firewalld zones DESCRIPTION
What is a zone? A network zone defines the level of trust for network connections. This is a one to many relation, which means that a connection can only be part of one zone, but a zone can be used for many network connections. The zone defines the firewall features that are enabled in this zone: Predefined services A service is a combination of port and/or protocol entries. Optionally netfilter helper modules can be added and also a IPv4 and IPv6 destination address. Ports and protocols Definition of tcp or udp ports, where ports can be a single port or a port range. ICMP blocks Blocks selected Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) messages. These messages are either information requests or created as a reply to information requests or in error conditions. Masquerading The addresses of a private network are mapped to and hidden behind a public IP address. This is a form of address translation. Forward ports A forward port is either mapped to the same port on another host or to another port on the same host or to another port on another host. Rich language rules The rich language extends the elements (service, port, icmp-block, masquerade and forward-port) with additional source and destination addresses, logging, actions and limits for logs and actions. It can also be used for host or network white and black listing (for more information, please have a look at firewalld.richlanguage(5)). For more information on the zone file format, please have a look at firewalld.zone(5). Which zones are available? Here are the zones provided by firewalld sorted according to the default trust level of the zones from untrusted to trusted: drop Any incoming network packets are dropped, there is no reply. Only outgoing network connections are possible. block Any incoming network connections are rejected with an icmp-host-prohibited message for IPv4 and icmp6-adm-prohibited for IPv6. Only network connections initiated within this system are possible. public For use in public areas. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. external For use on external networks with masquerading enabled especially for routers. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. dmz For computers in your demilitarized zone that are publicly-accessible with limited access to your internal network. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. work For use in work areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. home For use in home areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. internal For use on internal networks. You mostly trust the other computers on the networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. trusted All network connections are accepted. Which zone should be used? A public WIFI network connection for example should be mainly untrusted, a wired home network connection should be fairly trusted. Select the zone that best matches the network you are using. How to configure or add zones? To configure or add zones you can either use one of the firewalld interfaces to handle and change the configuration: These are the graphical configuration tool firewall-config, the command line tool firewall-cmd or the D-BUS interface. Or you can create or copy a zone file in one of the configuration directories. /usr/lib/firewalld/zones is used for default and fallback configurations and /etc/firewalld/zones is used for user created and customized configuration files. How to set or change a zone for a connection? The zone is stored into the ifcfg of the connection with ZONE=option. If the option is missing or empty, the default zone set in firewalld is used. If the connection is controlled by NetworkManager, you can also use nm-connection-editor to change the zone. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)