Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help With CGI Scripts and .htaccess Post 25363 by crazycelicagts on Monday 29th of July 2002 12:13:00 PM
Old 07-29-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
You can give each user a folder and use .htaccess in that folder. For example, if the user is joe you might just create a joe directory and when they go to website/joe they will get the .htaccess generated BASIC AUTH. This is the easiest way.
Hi, would you know how to program something in html that has a box which after they enter whatever number xxxx in that box, writes it into the address box of the browser or links them...such as www.test.com/reports/xxxx

www.test.com/reports
Code:
-------------------------
|                             |
| Enter Group #     | 
|       ________      |
|      |__xxxx__|     |
-------------------------
           |
           |
           |

www.test.com/reports/xxxx

thanks.

added code tags for readability --oombera

Last edited by oombera; 02-19-2004 at 02:34 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

3. Programming

Perl CGI Scripts

I need to create a webserver to run Perl CGI Scripts. Anyone have any ideas or good links? Yes I know there are lovely programs out there, but I need to build one in C. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cb.mark
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to share CGI Scripts across UNIX web server?

Hi, is it possible to create a CGI folder somewhere on the server and allow all domains on that server be able to access the scripts? I tried a ScriptAlias addition in httpd.conf but still no luck. Would greatly appreciate any tips! Thanks. Linux version 2.4.20-021stab028.3.777-enterprise Plesk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlsworld
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to share CGI Scripts across UNIX web server?

Hi, is it possible to create a CGI folder somewhere on the server and allow all domains on that server be able to access the scripts? I tried a ScriptAlias addition in httpd.conf but still no luck. Would greatly appreciate any tips! Thanks. Linux version 2.4.20-021stab028.3.777-enterprise Plesk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlsworld
5 Replies

6. Web Development

User authentication for some Perl CGI scripts

Hi, I am trying to create a web interface with Perl CGI with 2 pages. The content of these pages is dependent on the user accessing it. Thus, I need some kind of authentication to identify WHO is logging in but I DO NOT WANT to be restricting the pages to a few. What is the best way to prompt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

isset() PHP function in cgi bash scripts

Hi! Some minutes ago I've posted a question related with sed regexps because I need to catch information sended with forms with GET action. This is the post: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127800-regular-expression-sed.html But now I have a new question. Does cgi scripts have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GagleKas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripts - CGI and ssh

Hi Everyone, I started looking at the possibility of making some of our bash scripts available through a web server using CGI and the simple ones works just fine. Now I need to execute remote commands using ssh but can't really get it to work. I got private keys all sorted. Must be ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)