Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare lists of files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare lists of files Post 24791 by keelba on Wednesday 17th of July 2002 06:22:18 PM
Old 07-17-2002
Comm did it!

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the files lists

Hi All, Need the help in getting the file list which are generated for the time period. example if i want to get the list of file generated between 11 to 12 clock. i used the find command search the files with -cmin flag with -60. find /home/test/* -cmin -60 -type f -exec ls {} \; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 very large lists of different length

I have two very large datasets (>100MB) in a simple vertical list format. They are of different size and with different order and formatting (e.g. whitespace and some other minor cruft that would thwart easy regex). Let's call them set1 and set2. I want to check set2 to see if it contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 lists using a full and/or partial match at beginning of line?

hello all, I wonder if anybody might be able to help with this. I have file 1 and file2. Both files may contain thousands of lines that have variable contents. file1 234GH 5234BTW 89er 678tfg 234 234YT tfg456 wert 78gt gh23444 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garrred
7 Replies

5. Programming

Python: Compare 2 word lists

Hi. I am trying to write a Python programme that compares two different text files which both contain a list of words. Each word has its own line worda wordb wordc I want to compare textfile 2 with textfile 1, and if there's a word in textfile 2 that is NOT in textfile 1, I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two lists with perl

Hi everybody! I'm trying to delete some elements from a list with two elements on each row agreeing with the elements in another list. Pratically I want a perl script able to take each element of the second list (that is a single column list), compare it with both elements of each row from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two lists on two files

I have two files A and B listing ip addresses and all the ip addresses in B are in A, and A includes other ip addresses now I want to get the list of the ip addresses that are in A but not in B how to achieve this? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

[Python] Compare 2 lists

Hello, I'm new to the python programming, and I have a question. I have to write a program that prints a receipt for a restaurant. The input is a list which looks like: product1 product3 product8 .... In the other input file there is a list which looks like: product1 coffee 5,00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagendy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Only "File Names" in 2 Files with file lists having different directory structure

I have a tar arcive arch_all.tar.gz and 4 batched tar archive . These batches are supposed to have all the files form arch1.all.tar.gz arch1_batch1.tar.gz arch1_batch2.tar.gz arch1_batch3.tar.gz arch1_batch4.tar.gz my issue is that the directory structure in "arch_all.tar.gz" is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
6 Replies
MPI_Sendrecv(3OpenMPI)													    MPI_Sendrecv(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Sendrecv - Sends and receives a message. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Sendrecv(void *sendbuf, int sendcount, MPI_Datatype sendtype, int dest, int sendtag, void *recvbuf, int recvcount, MPI_Datatype recvtype, int source, int recvtag, MPI_Comm comm, MPI_Status *status) Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_SENDRECV(SENDBUF, SENDCOUNT, SENDTYPE, DEST, SENDTAG, RECVBUF, RECVCOUNT, RECVTYPE, SOURCE, RECVTAG, COMM, STATUS, IERROR) <type> SENDBUF(*), RECVBUF(*) INTEGER SENDCOUNT, SENDTYPE, DEST, SENDTAG INTEGER RECVCOUNT, RECVTYPE, SOURCE, RECVTAG, COMM INTEGER STATUS(MPI_STATUS_SIZE), IERROR C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> void Comm::Sendrecv(const void *sendbuf, int sendcount, const Datatype& sendtype, int dest, int sendtag, void *recvbuf, int recvcount, const Datatype& recvtype, int source, int recvtag, Status& status) const void Comm::Sendrecv(const void *sendbuf, int sendcount, const Datatype& sendtype, int dest, int sendtag, void *recvbuf, int recvcount, const Datatype& recvtype, int source, int recvtag) const INPUT PARAMETERS
sendbuf Initial address of send buffer (choice). sendcount Number of elements to send (integer). sendtype Type of elements in send buffer (handle). dest Rank of destination (integer). sendtag Send tag (integer). recvcount Maximum number of elements to receive (integer). recvtype Type of elements in receive buffer (handle). source Rank of source (integer). recvtag Receive tag (integer). comm Communicator (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
recvbuf Initial address of receive buffer (choice). status Status object (status). This refers to the receive operation. IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
The send-receive operations combine in one call the sending of a message to one destination and the receiving of another message, from another process. The two (source and destination) are possibly the same. A send-receive operation is useful for executing a shift operation across a chain of processes. If blocking sends and receives are used for such a shift, then one needs to order the sends and receives cor- rectly (for example, even processes send, then receive; odd processes receive first, then send) in order to prevent cyclic dependencies that may lead to deadlock. When a send-receive operation is used, the communication subsystem takes care of these issues. The send-receive operation can be used in conjunction with the functions described in Chapter 6 of the MPI-1 Standard, "Process Topologies," in order to perform shifts on various logical topologies. Also, a send-receive operation is useful for implementing remote procedure calls. A message sent by a send-receive operation can be received by a regular receive operation or probed by a probe operation; a send-receive operation can receive a message sent by a regular send operation. MPI_Sendrecv executes a blocking send and receive operation. Both send and receive use the same communicator, but possibly different tags. The send buffer and receive buffers must be disjoint, and may have different lengths and datatypes. If your application does not need to examine the status field, you can save resources by using the predefined constant MPI_STATUS_IGNORE as a special value for the status argument. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Sendrecv_replace Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Sendrecv(3OpenMPI)