Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthreads run time information Post 24715 by hmurali on Wednesday 17th of July 2002 01:24:54 AM
Old 07-17-2002
Data pthreads run time information

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me how to get the time for which the thread has run in Solaris 5.7.

I am trying to read from /proc/pid/lwp/lwpsinfo. However, I am getting only the start time and not the run time.

I am using pthreads. Also, Is there a way to get the used stack size for the thread ?

Thanks and regards,
Murali

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process Run time information

Hello, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.7. I am trying to read the running time of a process through a C program. One way I am reading it is by using the command ps -<pid> -f The other way is from the struct psinfo_t which is there under /proc/pid/psinfo. However, the two times are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmurali
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

not showing restore information while run script

Hello, I have the following script to restore file and grep information. However, once it restore file, it showing a lot useless information and different to check which file have the statement "John price $200". Can I not show any information while running script. It only show..when found the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script at same time

Hi My five script run throgh crontab at same time at 6 clock. Due to problem in the data load .Now I want to check time of load finish run these jobs. I create a script which check the load finish time but I have no idea how I run these JObs. This is very urget to me. Please reply me as soon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script for given time

Hi! I need to run my script for a specific number of time, as specified by the user: For instance, if the user specified 10, my script should run for until 10 seconds expire. How do I do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last run time of any script

how to find when last time a scrit has ran? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
7 Replies

6. Programming

Run time Debugging

We have recently downloaded, installed and compiled gcc-3.0.4 code. gcc compiler has built successfully and we where able to compile some same test cpp file. I would like to know how we can modify gcc source code so that we add additional run time debugging statements like the binary in execution... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Run Time

I have installed IBM Java Runtime V1.4.2 in solaris. but when i give java -version, it gets me this:java version "1.5.0_20" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_20-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_20-b02, mixed mode, sharing) can you please tell me how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we run tail -f for a specified time?

Hi all, I want to check a log file that gets updated very frequently, almost every second. What I want to do from a script is to check this log file 1) for a particular string 2) for a specified time while it is getting updated. And as soon as it finds that particular string the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show file name included time information

Hi all, I have many files included time information, some of them included time range by 30 minutes; 2007-12-27T110000.txt 2007-12-27T120000.txt 2007-12-27T130000.txt 2007-12-27T150000.txt 2007-12-27T153000.txt 2007-12-28T000000.txt 2007-12-28T003000.txt I only want to echo that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
5 Replies
thr_min_stack(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					 thr_min_stack(3C)

NAME
thr_min_stack - return the minimum-allowable size for a thread's stack SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> size_t thr_min_stack(void); DESCRIPTION
When a thread is created with a user-supplied stack, the user must reserve enough space to run this thread. In a dynamically linked execu- tion environment, it is very hard to know what the minimum stack requirments are for a thread. The function thr_min_stack() returns the amount of space needed to execute a null thread. This is a thread that was created to execute a null procedure. A thread that does some- thing useful should have a stack size that is thr_min_stack() + <some increment>. Most users should not be creating threads with user-supplied stacks. This functionality was provided to support applications that wanted complete control over their execution environment. Typically, users should let the threads library manage stack allocation. The threads library provides default stacks which should meet the requirements of any created thread. thr_min_stack() will return the unsigned int THR_MIN_STACK, which is the minimum-allowable size for a thread's stack. In this implementation the default size for a user-thread's stack is one mega-byte. If the second argument to thr_create(3C) is NULL, then the default stack size for the newly-created thread will be used. Otherwise, you may specify a stack-size that is at least THR_MIN_STACK, yet less than the size of your machine's virtual memory. It is recommended that the default stack size be used. To determine the smallest-allowable size for a thread's stack, execute the following: /* cc thisfile.c -lthread */ #define _REENTRANT #include <thread.h> #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("thr_min_stack() returns %u ",thr_min_stack()); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 May 1998 thr_min_stack(3C)