Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron command not found
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron command not found Post 24533 by hell666 on Sunday 14th of July 2002 07:07:18 AM
Old 07-14-2002
Have you included the absolute path of your program to be run in your crontab file? Like:
/user/myprog instead of just myprog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I prevent cron from returning errors on a file not found?

find: /home/Upload/*: No such file or directory I am getting a find error when I run for FILE in `find /home/Upload/* -prune -type f -newer TIMEFILE` do I need to run this job every 10 minutes to upload any new files that were added. Is there an easy way to prevent this? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash: cron-config: command not found - PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hello All, I have installed Cygwin on Windows XP and working with some Shell scripting work, I have needed to schedule my script using the cornetab and whatever commands such as "cron", "cron-config" are not working in my cygwin shell, I re-installed the Cygwin but the same problem is with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job: command not found

Hi, I have a simple script. When I run it as cron job. I jot email saying: /bin/sh: line 1: test.tmp: command not found. the test.tmp looks like: #!/bin/sh date > done Even I took first line out, I got the same error. The current shell I have is /bin/tcsh Could anyone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natxie
2 Replies

6. Solaris

for: command not found

I have installed Solaris recently. I was doing "for file in *.c; ...." at the command prompt, it says for: command not found. I tried changing shells, but still wouldn't work. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: software2007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: <command nm> command not found

I created a script that I need to run from time to time, but get this error message. To get it working again I run this command from time to time: export PATH="$PATH:~/scripts" I put all my automated scripts in the /scripts directory and would like to run my scripts from any directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

10. Solaris

Ar command not found

Hi all, ar command not found on Solaris 10 version. We can execute under ./ar command /usr/ccs/bin directory. However, we want to execute ar command anywhere. We add to /usr/ccs/bin entry under /etc/profile file shown as below. umask 002 trap 2 3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
2 Replies
cron(1M)                                                  System Administration Commands                                                  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)