Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display previous cmd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display previous cmd Post 24517 by hell666 on Saturday 13th of July 2002 01:00:44 AM
Old 07-13-2002
You don't need to program your shell for that. bash already has this feature and so does ksh. For ksh, type:
ksh -o emacs
and check if your ksh supports this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

needs to display month for previous day date

Hello, I wanted to display the month for previous day date. Like, today date is 18-Nov-2008. So the previous date is 17-Nov-2008. The output should be November. If the today date is 1-DEC-2008, then output should be NOVEMBER. If the today date is 1-JAN-2008, then output should be DECEMBER.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display month for Previous day

Hello - I have one question regarding the date. I wanted to display the month name for previous day. The output should be as follows... 5-Feb-09 => February 1-Feb-09 => January 28-Feb-09=> February Here is the code i am using to get the output.... date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change unix cmd display prompt?

I am new to to unix and I want to make my own basic shell. What is the code I can use to change the unix cmd console display? For example my unix display prompt says MyCompterName~, I want it to say WhatEverMan~ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: megaearth77
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies
TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)														TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-reset - turn off all Ftrace tracing to bring back full performance SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd reset [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) reset command turns off all tracing of Ftrace. This will bring back the performance of the system before tracing was enabled. This is necessary since trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-stop(1) and trace-cmd-extract(1) do not disable the tracer, event after the data has been pulled from the buffers. The rational is that the user may want to manually enable the tracer with the Ftrace pseudo file system, or examine other parts of Ftrace to see what trace-cmd did. After the reset command happens, the data in the ring buffer, and the options that were used are all lost. OPTIONS
-b buffer_size When the kernel boots, the Ftrace ring buffer is of a minimal size (3 pages per CPU). The first time the tracer is used, the ring buffer size expands to what it was set for (default 1.4 Megs per CPU). If no more tracing is to be done, this option allows you to shrink the ring buffer down to free up available memory. trace-cmd reset -b 1 SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)