Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installation of GetText on Solaris 2.8 Post 24497 by Breen on Friday 12th of July 2002 07:33:07 AM
Old 07-12-2002
Installation of GetText on Solaris 2.8

Hi
I'm installing the gettext package (ie which updates the msgfmt compiler with the --strict option) for compiling po files, on a Solaris 2.8 machine. I am installing it using the command:
pkgadd -d gettext-0.10.37-sol8-sparc-local

with gettext-0.10.37-sol8-sparc-local being the installation file.

Whilst I am getting instructions that the installation was successful, e.g.

# pkgadd -d gettext-0.10.37-sol8-sparc-local

Processing package instance <SMCgtext> from </gettext-0.10.37-sol8-sparc-local>

gettext
(sparc) 0.10.37

Free Software Foundation
Using </usr/local> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
49 package pathnames are already properly installed.
## Verifying disk space requirements.
## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.
## Checking for setuid/setgid programs.

Installing gettext as <SMCgtext>

## Installing part 1 of 1.
WARNING: /usr/local/bin/gettext <not present on Read Only file system>
WARNING: /usr/local/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/gettext.mo <not present on Read Only file system>
[ verifying class <none> ]

Installation of <SMCgtext> was successful.

Contrary to the output, the new gettext (ie msgfmt --strict) does not appear to be installed.

Any ideas??

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 installation

I am currently using Windows Xp and can it is possible to install Solaris on another drive without removing XP. I have Solaris 8 with me.For installation of Solaris does it require logical partition? or can i install directly in another drive by booting from cd.If so Plz tell me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_s2020
1 Replies

3. AIX

Compilation of gettext produces relink errors

Hi, I'm in the process of compiling gnu gettext on a rs/6000 43p-260 running AIX 5.1 in 64bit-mode. The compilation itself runs fine as I understand it, however the installation itself fails like so: I'm pretty much clueless about this relink stuff, so if anyone has suggestions, I'll try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: töfte
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

error installing gettext.

I'm on project to use rsync in hp-ux. But i'm getting an error while installing gettext. Please help me. the error in log is:- drhpprod::root>swjob -a log drhpprod-0064 @ drhpprod:/ ======= 10/03/07 16:14:54 EDT BEGIN install AGENT SESSION (pid=27410) (jobid=drhpprod-0064) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldosfox
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
GETTEXTIZE(1)								GNU							     GETTEXTIZE(1)

NAME
gettextize - install or upgrade gettext infrastructure SYNOPSIS
gettextize [OPTION]... [package-dir] DESCRIPTION
Prepares a source package to use gettext. OPTIONS
--help print this help and exit --version print version information and exit -c, --copy copy files instead of making symlinks -f, --force force writing of new files even if old exist --intl install libintl in a subdirectory --no-changelog don't update or create ChangeLog files -n, --dry-run print modifications but don't perform them AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gettextize is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gettextize programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gettextize should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext 0.11.4 July 2002 GETTEXTIZE(1)