Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Challenging Situation : i hope the moderators will respond to this problem.. Post 24201 by RTM on Monday 8th of July 2002 09:30:37 AM
Old 07-08-2002
Unfortunately, I don't know SCO but you might look to see if it uses /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. It may be that those two files don't allow the network that your remote server is on to do telnet or ftp to your local servers.

Post back and maybe someone with SCO knowledge will jump in.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Challenging situation for the MODERATORS

Well, I hope this way you will respond to my inquiries. I have 4 unix servers,with static ips (though i dont think this is an issue)....i can telnet and rlogin from one to the other....if i FTP from on et othe other and try to execute : cd /user return /user : no such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Programming

A challenging problem involving symbolic links.

Hello, I'm working on an application that bridges together several applications involved in creating a video workflow for editing with digital cinema cameras. The main platform is MacOSX. Because of the nature of some of the utilities for working with this video footage I must spoof filenames... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibloom
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Challenging Problem. Please read fully.

Hi, This is the Third thread i'm putting here for the same problem. :( Actually, i'm trying a script like this.. but its taking a long time.. about 3 days to complete fully.. #!/bin/ksh if then exit 1 fi while read i do while read j do field7=`echo $j|cut -d "|"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging Awk array problem

Hi, I rather have a very complicated awk problem here, at least to me. I have two files. File 1: 607 687 174 0 0 chr1 3000001 3000156 -194195276 - L1_Mur2 LINE L1 -4310 1567 1413 1 607 917 214 114 45 chr1 3000237 ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy VI Question (I hope)

Hi, I've FTPed some text files from windows to my Linux workstation. I'm finding that the characters for quotes (") have been replaced with control characters <93> and <94>. and apostrophes (') have been replaced with what looks like control character <92>. I have attempted the following... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryjmoon
15 Replies
ADSL-START(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ADSL-START(8)

NAME
adsl-start - Shell script to bring up a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
adsl-start [config_file] adsl-start interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
adsl-start is a shell script which starts the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit config_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user- name settings in the configuration file. AUTHOR
adsl-start was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-stop(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-setup(8), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-START(8)