Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wireless connection
Special Forums IP Networking wireless connection Post 24116 by warrend on Friday 5th of July 2002 07:07:16 AM
Old 07-05-2002
What is the output from a netstat? I still think it is routing. I have played about with the Orinoco silver cards under win2K and wasn't impressed with the firmware (the fact that the flashing light "diagnostic" was completely useless, even though the manual gives a huge array of errors based on the type of flashes it gives out).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Wireless-G network

Hi, I have a laptop with a Linksys Wireless G PCMCIA card and a cable connection goin into a router and then a patch lead from the router going to a Linksys Wireless G access point IP 192.168.1.245 with DHCP disabled. I can connect to the access point from the laptop, but how do I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Wireless

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for setting up a wireless card using HP-UX 11iV1? I know its different depending on the type of card I have, but im looking for a direction. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickwinnie
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Don't have wireless connection any more ..

Hello, Please help me because I'm stuck. I am using Fedora 16 on my notebook Fujitsu A6025. It was working fine for days and then suddenly I lost wireless connection , I can't enable 'ON' option in Network configuration (it looks like disabled) and I don't see any wireless network around me (... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susja
10 Replies

8. Linux

wireless connection problem

Hi everyone, I am new to linux. I have installed ubuntu and I am booting together with window. But I have a problem of wireless connection in ubuntu. If I start booting using ubuntu no wireless networks become available. If I first open window and restart it and open ubuntu then only I can get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

10. Hardware

Wireless connection to printer

I need to connect old PPC G5 running OSX 10.5.8 to Epson Stylus 1400 printer, wiring is very difficult, so I need to find out what are my wireless options. Printer has only USB input. The printing includes graphics and text from Adobe as well as a special graphics application, which is the reason... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
6 Replies
SNMP_WLAN(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      SNMP_WLAN(3)

NAME
snmp_wlan -- wireless networking module for bsnmpd(1) LIBRARY
(begemotSnmpdModulePath."wlan" = /usr/lib/snmp_wlan.so) DESCRIPTION
The snmp_wlan module implements a private BEGEMOT-WIRELESS-MIB, which allows management of virtual wireless interfaces. The MIB defines objects similar to the state data and configuration capabilities of ifconfig(8) for configuring virtual wireless interfaces. Therefore one should consider adding write communities or loading the snmp_wlan module on systems where security is crucial. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
A short description of the Tables and interesting objects in the MIB follows. wlanInterfaceTable The table is used for creation and deletion of virtual wireless interfaces. To add a new interface, a SET should be executed on the wlanIfaceName column with value the desired name of the interface. Next the parent interface must be set via wlanParentIfName column. Any optional parameters may be set via the wlanIfaceOperatingMode, wlanIfaceFlags, wlanIfaceBssid and wlanIfaceLocalAddress columns. To finally create the interface in the system, a SET with value of active(1) to wlanIfaceStatus column should be executed. To destroy a wireless interface a SET with value of destroy(6) to the relevant wlanIfaceStatus column should be executed. wlanIfParentTable The table contains information about the hardware capabilities of the parent of a wireless interface. wlanIfaceConfigTable The table is used to get or set various configuration parameters for a virtual wireless interface. Depending on the operating mode of the interface and the hardware capabilities of the underlying hardware interface, not all parameters and values may be sup- ported. wlanIfacePeerTable The table contains information about the associated stations for interfaces operating as access points, or the stations identified as neighbors in the IBSS for interfaces operating in adhoc mode. wlanIfaceChannelTable Information about the active channels for the wireless interfaces in the system. wlanIfRoamParamsTable The parameters that govern the roaming operation on the wireless interfaces. wlanIfTxParamsTable The parameters that govern the transmit operation on the wireless interfaces. wlanScanConfigTable The table that contains a configuration for channel scanning initiated via SNMP. wlanScanResultsTable The table contains the scan results from the last scan for each wireless interface on the system. wlanIfaceStatisticsTable Summary statistics for each wireless interface on the system. wlanWepInterfaceTable WEP configuration for the wireless interfaces on the system. wlanMACAccessControlTable Access Control configuration for wireless interfaces operating as access points. wlanMACAccessControlMACTable The table with Access Control MAC entries for which the configured Access Control Policy on wireless interfaces operating in Host AP mode is applied. wlanMACAccessControlMACStatus column is used to add or delete MAC ACL entries. A set with value create- AndGo(4) will add new entry, while with value destroy(6) will delete an existing one. wlanMeshRoutingConfig The subtree contains system configuration related to Wireless Mesh Routing. wlanMeshInterfaceTable The table contains information for wireless interfaces operating as wireless mesh points. wlanMeshNeighborTable The table contains information for the neighbors of wireless interfaces operating in mesh mode. wlanMeshRouteTable The mesh routing table for interfaces operating as mesh points, used for forwarding packets on a mesh network. wlanMeshRouteStatus column is used to add or delete entries in the mesh routing table for an interface. A set with value create- AndGo(4) will add new entry, while with value destroy(6) will delete an existing one. wlanMeshStatsTable Summary statistics for each virtual wireless interface operating as mesh point. wlanMeshHWMPConfig The subtree contains system configuration related to Hybrid Wireless Mesh Protocol. wlanHWMPInterfaceTable The table contains HWMP information for wireless interfaces operating in mesh mode. wlanMeshHWMPStatsTable Summary statistics for HWMP operation on interfaces operating as mesh points. RESTRICTIONS
Not all information or configuration in the MIBs is currently available in FreeBSD. The values of the following variables carry no informa- tion: wlanStatsReset FILES
/usr/share/snmp/defs/wlan_tree.def The description of the MIB tree implemented by snmp_wlan. /usr/share/snmp/mibs/BEGEMOT-WIRELESS-MIB.txt The private BEGEMOT-WIRELESS-MIB that is implemented by this module. SEE ALSO
bsnmpd(1), gensnmptree(1), snmpmod(3), wlan(4), wlan_acl(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
Shteryana Shopova <syrinx@FreeBSD.org> BSD
June 28, 2010 BSD