Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can i load or insert a table in oracle from c language thru unix environment Post 24092 by rramprasad on Friday 5th of July 2002 12:20:58 AM
Old 07-05-2002
will it compile

Thanks deepa whats my question here is will it compile in a ordinary c compiler for unix. Else what has to be done

W

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table ....???

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4 variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value to ORACLE table from sqlldr log

This is the sample sqlldr log: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SQL*Loader: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Sun Feb 8 23:37:02 2009 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Control... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert into Oracle table thru UNIX - linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I am trying to insert a record into a table (say dips_tbl) which resides in Oracle DB through a ksh script. I want to insert records into few of the table columns-not all. I'll give an e.g. for the date column "CREATE_DATE". For that I first execute SQL1="SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert script result into Oracle Table

Hi All, I want to insert STAT and ENDTIME values for each job in joblist into TBL_DAILY_STATUS table. Eg: insert into tbl_daily_status values(STAT,ENDTIME); Please help me on this. #!/bin/ksh joblist="com_abc_job com_abc_dot_job com_abc_seq com_abc_det" for i in $joblist do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vichuelaa
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load XML file to Oracle table

Experts. I have created a oracle table as below. create table xml_tab ( File_No number , File_content Varchar2(2000), file_type xmltype ); Daily we are receiving many XML files as below. here is our sample xml file. File1 : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
7 Replies
GENASSYM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       GENASSYM(1)

NAME
genassym -- emit an assym.h file SYNOPSIS
genassym [-c] [-f] C compiler invocation DESCRIPTION
genassym is a shell script normally used during the kernel build process to create an assym.h file. This file defines a number of cpp con- stants derived from the configuration information genassym reads from stdin. The generated file is used by kernel sources written in assem- bler to gain access to information (e.g. structure offsets and sizes) normally only known to the C compiler. Arguments to genassym are usually of the form ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${CPPFLAGS} where ${CC} is the C compiler used to compile the kernel, while ${CFLAGS} and ${CPPFLAGS} are flag arguments to the C compiler. The script creates a C source file from its input. Then the C compiler is called according to the script's arguments to compile this file. Normally genassym instructs the C compiler to create an assembler source from the constructed C source. The resulting file is then processed to extract the information needed to create the assym.h file. The -c flag instructs genassym to create slightly different code, generate an executable from this code and run it. In both cases the assym.h file is written to stdout. The -f flag instructs genassym to create forth code. DIAGNOSTICS
Either self-explanatory, or generated by one of the programs called from the script. SEE ALSO
genassym.cf(5) HISTORY
The genassym command appeared in NetBSD 1.3 as ``genassym.sh'' in /usr/src/sys/kern. It became a userland utility in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
April 13, 2010 BSD