Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Max. No. Processes/user
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Max. No. Processes/user Post 23767 by omran on Friday 28th of June 2002 01:41:12 PM
Old 06-28-2002
Thank you very much
I will try it...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Max number of concurrent processes

OS - Sun OS7 What sources can I go to to figure out what is the maximun number of processes for OS7 with 2GB of memory. I believe it is 64K processes, but this number reflects resources being swaped. Any help is appreciated SmartJuniorUnix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. Solaris

killing all processes for an user

how can I kill all the processes belonging to an user. I need it because I can't see a process initiated by a user and thus unable to kill it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Scripts - Processes, CPU, Max. Connections

Hi all, Can any one please tell me how to find these in Unix (Commands) 1. Too many processes connected to the server. 2. High Utilization of CPU. 3. Maximum Number of connections with the database. OS: Sun Solaris 5.8 DB : Oracle 10g Thanks and Regards, Prashanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max sessions a single user can've on Solaris server at the same time

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: its.simron
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User in who but no processes

Hi all! After killing some processes, I encounter the following problem: 1) some delay in the login process 2) question marks (?) in who output 3) when doing ps -fu for users with question mark in who, no process is runing. To solve this problem I shutdown the system. Does anyone know the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panos1962
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill all user processes

Hi there, i've been searching all over and i thought i had understood the way i should go to kill all the processes related to a user. But i'm getting more confused then i was. By lunch time i have to make a database backup, and for that all the users shoul logout. The problem is that many users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes of a user

Hi, Please can some one advise how can we get all the processes corresponding to a particular user. Cheers, Shazin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

User processes

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to write a program which can tell me how many processes is running by some user, from the /etc/passwd file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
3 Replies
bonobo-slay(1)							   User Commands						    bonobo-slay(1)

NAME
bonobo-slay - kill running bonobo processes SYNOPSIS
bonobo-slay [--help] [-i] [-l | -s] [regexp] DESCRIPTION
bonobo-slay cleans up bonobo processes that might have encountered lifecycle management issues. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h, --help Displays usage and help information. -i Ask before killing the processes. -l List running processes, but do not kill them. Not valid with the -s option. -s Kill processes silently. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: regexp Only kill bonobo processes that match the specified regular expression. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Killing All Nautilus bonobo Processes Silently example% bonobo-slay -s nautilus ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/bonobo-slay Executable to kill running bonobo processes ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-component | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
environ(5), attributes(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Sep 2004 bonobo-slay(1)