Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Size of swap
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Size of swap Post 23447 by Olivier on Monday 24th of June 2002 03:49:54 AM
Old 06-24-2002
Thanks, i'll try today or tomorrow Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chang swap size after install

Hello all, I just got a laptop with redhat linux 7.2 installed, but during the installation the installer only put 1gig of sawp space( this laptop has 1gig of RAM). To my understanding when creating swap space, the size is determine by double the RAM. Therefore my question is that how do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Increasing swap size

We increased our server's RAM 8 -> 32 GB RAM. swap memory is currently 10 GB. With which command I can increase this memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akyuceisik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Weird swap size on Solaris 9

I have a machine: SunOS <server> 5.9 Generic_117171-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R It has these filesystems: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 19G 15G 3.9G 80% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of swap partition during installation

Greetings. I've been into computers since the '80s, but this is my first attempt at Linux. I'm installing Debian Lenny on a PIII 733 with 10GB hard drive and 512MB Ram. I intend to use the machine primarily as a development server, with things like mySQL, Apache, php, etc. I don't really want... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
22 Replies

5. Programming

Swap different size string

how can I write a function to swap to different sized string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swap memory and original size of HD

few questions a. where can I find the RAM of a server? im about to install redhat on a server (reformat). need to know because it will be my basis for swap size. i saw something line 3048MB detected upon boot. is this the memory? b. what is the command in lunux to check the original size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap size increase

Dear All, How to increase the swap size when physicall memory reaches 60 %. OR it can be only done after the physicall memory is full. Rgds Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Help on Understanding Swap Size

Hi All, I want to know how to understand the actual swap size. My o/p shows as below root@ecovs1a # swap -s total: 4546056k bytes allocated + 358856k reserved = 4904912k used, 5046688k available root@ecovs1a # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d31 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
9 Replies

9. AIX

SWAP SIZE Recommended.

Dear All, During installation of SAP, it shows like below : Condition : Swap Size Result Code : Condition not met Severity : MEDIUM Message : For the selected services at least 74228 MB swap space are recommended. Current value: 65536 MB. (Updated 2005-06-24) I am working on AIX OS. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kak
8 Replies

10. Solaris

/tmp size is less whereas size allocated to swap is more

Hi, the /tmp size is less whereas the size allocated to swap is quite big. how to increase the size of /tmp - #: swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d20 85,20 8 273096 273096 #: swap -s total: 46875128k bytes allocated + 2347188k reserved =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psb74
2 Replies
calendar(1)							   User Commands						       calendar(1)

NAME
calendar - reminder service SYNOPSIS
calendar [-] DESCRIPTION
The calendar utility consults the file calendar in the current directory and writes lines that contain today's or tomorrow's date anywhere in the line to standard output. Most reasonable month-day dates such as Aug. 24, august 24, 8/24, and so forth, are recognized, but not 24 August or 24/8. On Fridays and weekends "tomorrow" extends through Monday. calendar can be invoked regularly by using the crontab(1) or at(1) commands. When the optional argument - is present, calendar does its job for every user who has a file calendar in his or her login directory and sends them any positive results by mail(1). Normally this is done daily by facilities in the UNIX operating system (seecron(1M)). If the environment variable DATEMSK is set, calendar will use its value as the full path name of a template file containing format strings. The strings consist of conversion specifications and text characters and are used to provide a richer set of allowable date formats in dif- ferent languages by appropriate settings of the environment variable LANG or LC_TIME; see environ(5). Seestrftime(3C) for the list of allowable conversion specifications. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Possible contents of a template The following example shows the possible contents of a template: %B %eth of the year %Y %B represents the full month name, %e the day of month and %Y the year (4 digits). If DATEMSK is set to this template, the following calendar file would be valid: March 7th of the year 1989 <Reminder> ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of calendar: LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MES- SAGES, NLSPATH, and TZ. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/passwd system password file /tmp/cal* temporary files used by calendar /usr/lib/calprog program used to determine dates for today and tomorrow ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), mail(1), cron(1M), ypbind(1M), strftime(3C), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Appropriate lines beginning with white space will not be printed. Your calendar must be public information for you to get reminder service. calendar's extended idea of ``tomorrow'' does not account for holidays. The - argument works only on calendar files that are local to the machine; calendar is intended not to work on calendar files that are mounted remotely with NFS. Thus, `calendar -' should be run only on diskful machines where home directories exist; running it on a disk- less client has no effect. calendar is no longer in the default root crontab. Because of the network burden `calendar -' can induce, it is inadvisable in an environ- ment running ypbind(1M) with a large passwd.byname map. If, however, the usefulness of calendar outweighs the network impact, the super- user may run `crontab -e' to edit the root crontab. Otherwise, individual users may wish to use `crontab -e' to edit their own crontabs to have cron invoke calendar without the - argument, piping output to mail addressed to themselves. SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 calendar(1)