Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get a none duplicate list file Post 23000 by usfrog on Friday 14th of June 2002 11:24:05 AM
Old 06-14-2002
sort will do (look at the man page for more options):

cat myFile | sort -u > myFileNoDup # create 2nd file
mv myFileNoDup myFile # replace first file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate files from list with different path

I have a list which contains all the jar files shipped with the product I am involved with. Now, in this list I have some jar files which appear again and again. But these jar files are present in different folders. My input file looks like this /path/1/to a.jar /path/2/to a.jar /path/1/to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Duplicate

Hi All This is not class assignment . I would like to know awk script how to list all the duplicate name from a file ,have a look below Sl No Name Dt of birth Location 1 aaa 1/01/1975 delhi 2 bbb 2/03/1977 mumbai 3 aaa 1/01/1976 mumbai 4 ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
22 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from first file comparing second file

Hi, I have two files with below data:: file1:- 123|aaa|ppp 445|fff|yyy 999|ttt|jjj 555|hhh|hhh file2:- 445|fff|yyy 555|hhh|hhh The records present in file1, not present in file 2 should be writtent to the out put file. output:- 123|aaa|ppp 999|ttt|jjj Is there any one line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate lines in a file

I have a file with following data A B C I would like to print like this n times(For eg:5 times) A B C A B C A B C A B C A (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate files and output list

Gents, I have a file like this. 1 1 1 2 2 3 2 4 2 5 3 6 3 7 4 8 5 9 I would like to get something like it 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 3 6 7 Thanks in advance for your support :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and remove duplicate record and print list

Gents, I needs to delete duplicate values and only get uniq values based in columns 2-27 Always we should keep the last record found... I need to store one clean file and other with the duplicate values removed. Input : S3033.0 7305.01 0 420123.8... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List duplicate files based on Name and size

Hello, I have a huge directory (with millions of files) and need to find out duplicates based on BOTH file name and File size. I know fdupes but it calculates MD5 which is very time-consuming and especially it takes forever as I have millions of files. Can anyone please suggest a script or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Iterate through a list - checking for a duplicate then report it ot

I have a job that produces a file of barcodes that gets added to every time the job runs I want to check the list to see if the barcode is already in the list and report it out if it is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
3 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)					      General Commands Manual						  WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)