Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set the CVSROOT in the .cshrc file? Post 22537 by a8111978 on Wednesday 5th of June 2002 02:13:55 PM
Old 06-05-2002
Data How to set the CVSROOT in the .cshrc file?

I am learning the CVS in Unix now, but in the book it said I need to add the CVSROOT to the end of the .cshrc file. I had use emacs to edit it and add CVSROOT=/CVS, but when I run script .cshrc then it said CVSROOT=/CVS: Command not found. I had already think that for a hour, so could any person could help me? Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshrc

where are my .cshrc files ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias defining problem in .cshrc file

Hi folks, I'm trying to define the following command as alias in .cshrc file: ls -ltr | grep ^d | awk '{print $9}' | xargs du -hs I defined it as the following: alias nirdirs '`ls -ltr | grep "^d" | awk "{print \\$9}" | xargs du -hs`' I've got the following error when I've run the alias:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After modifying .cshrc file, ls: Command not found

I am using Redhat 4.1.2, tcsh shell To add a program to my path, I added the following line to my .cshrc file: set path = (/home/R/R-2.11.0/bin/ /home/R/R-2.11.0/library) It worked, I am able to run the program I wanted. But the pathway above overwrote all other existing paths - so I can no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euphoria
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source.cshrc file inside Perl

I have a file which is basically .cshrc It contains lines such as: setenv <variable> <value>... set path=(<dir> <dir>) source <another_file>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
cvslock(1)							   User Manuals 							cvslock(1)

NAME
cvslock - lock CVS repositories SYNOPSIS
cvslock [-q] [-p pid] [-d CVS root] [-R|-W] [-u|-s|-c Command] [-l] directory DESCRIPTION
cvslock is used to lock a tree starting at directory in your CVS repository during low-level manipulation or inspection. There are various modes of operation: You can use the -s or -c options to cause cvslock to spawn a sub-shell or a shell command from which you can safely access the source repository. You can also use cvslock to lock and unlock CVS repositories from shell scripts; in this case you'll want to use the -p option to specify the process ID which is written to the lock files' names. The default when given no options is to acquire a persistant read lock. OPTIONS
-q This option tells cvslock to shut up and not print any diagnostic messages to stdout. This is most useful when using the program in conjunction with, e.g., rsync(1). -p pid The CVS lock files generated by this utility have the current process ID in their name to distinguish them from lock files generated by other tools such as cvs itself or concurrent sessions of cvslock. Use this option to force cvslock to use a specific pid. This is in most useful from shell scripts. -d CVS root This optional argument tells cvslock where your CVS repository's root is. If no -d switch is given, cvslock will fall back to the CVSROOT environment variable. Note that cvslock only works on local repositories, so don't try to access pserver or rsh-accessible remote repositories this way. -R This switch tells cvslock to acquire a lock for safe reading of the repository. -W This switch tells cvslock to acquire a write lock on the repository. -s When invoked with this option, cvslock will invoke the user's login shell as determined by the SHELL environment variable after locking the repository. After the user has left that shell, cvslock will drop the locks. -c Command This option is similar to the -s option, with the difference that cvslock will execute the shell command given on the command line instead of giving the user an interactive shell. -u When given this option, cvslock will try to drop a previously created lock on the repository in question. Using this option together with the -s or -c options is an error. The use of -p is highly recommended in conjunction with this option! -l This option tells cvslock to lock only the directory specified. Normally it locks the entire directory hierarchy under the speci- fied directory. DIAGNOSTICS
cvslock spits out some diagnostics to the standard error stream. It's exit value is zero if and only if the locking operation requested by the user could be performed successfully. Note that no diagnostics about the exit value of commands executed through the -c switch are given. BUGS
The signal handling is not too well-tested and may be broken. If you try to create the same lock several times, you will get funny effects due to the error recovery cvslock tries to do. SEE ALSO
Version Management with CVS rsync(1), system(3), cvs(1) AUTHOR
cvslock was put together in a quick hacking session by Thomas Roessler <roessler@guug.de> and may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. Unix October 1998 cvslock(1)