Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: programming options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers programming options Post 22452 by bilal_aa on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 09:14:17 AM
Old 06-04-2002
I had no idea?

If I would have done more of my homework maybe I could have started earlier on an associates degree. I kinda want to kick myself now ,but that's how the ball bounces! Anyways ,I took some Continuing Ed. Unix courses and they're really worth it. Also, I am working on my Sun Certification but want to get into some programming also. If you have any good leads let me know!

BrandonSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

options

I am just beginning to learn unix and I was wondering if there was a list of all the options somewhere on the net or hidden in the man pages? Also do options always have - and then a letter, or can it be - and a number as well? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terms5
1 Replies

3. Programming

XWindows programming + gcc linker options

Im trying to compile some code that involves using X-Windows based functions (XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() ), however each time I run the compiler, Im getting a problem with the linker. The linker says that both XDisplayName() and XOpenDisplay() are unresolved text symbols. Is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
tcxconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     tcxconfig(1M)

NAME
tcxconfig - configure default linearity of 24-bit TrueColor Visual for OpenWindows SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/tcxconfig [linear | nonlinear] DESCRIPTION
The tcxconfig script changes the default linearity of a 24-bit TrueColor Visual for OpenWindows on a system with an S24 frame buffer. When the S24 graphics driver for OpenWindows is installed, the default 24-bit TrueColor Visual is nonlinear. You can run tcxconfig with an argument that specifies the setting you want. OpenWindows should not be running when you execute the tcxconfig script with an option. Start OpenWindows after tcxconfig has set the lin- earity you desire. OPTIONS
If you specify no option, tcxconfig displays the current default setting. You must become superuser before you can execute tcxconfig with one of the following options. linear Set linear visual to be the default 24-bit TrueColor Visual. This means colors will be gamma-corrected. nonlinear Set nonlinear visual to be the default 24-bit TrueColor Visual. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success 1 an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtcxow | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Nov 1994 tcxconfig(1M)