Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers escape shortcut and short on history :) Post 22451 by inquirer on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 09:10:41 AM
Old 06-04-2002
escape shortcut and short on history :)

i am used to press the escape button to automatically fill up the missing words of a file name in an HPUX. how come i cannot do the same thing for Sun? do i have to set anything to activate this? if so is it possible to automatically go to this mode when a user logs in?

how about history? how come i can do this in HPUX and not in Sun? is there anyway to change that?

thanks,
:P
inquirer

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A short history of UNIX by l.madden@ic.ac.uk

<h1>A short history of UNIX</h1> <p>In the late 1960's Ken Thompsom joined the computing-science research group at Bell Laboratories, which is the research arm of the giant American corporation ATT. He and many colleagues had been collaborating with MIT and GE on the development of an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
commandlog(4)						     Sun Cluster File Formats						     commandlog(4)

NAME
commandlog - command log file SYNOPSIS
/var/cluster/logs/commandlog DESCRIPTION
The commandlog ASCII text file contains records of selected Sun Cluster commands that are executed in a cluster. The logging of commands starts automatically when you set up the cluster and ends when you shut down the cluster. Commands that are not logged in this file include those that display the configuration and current state of the cluster. Commands that are logged in this file include those that configure and change the current state of the cluster, as follows: o claccess o cldevice o cldevicegroup o clinterconnect o clnasdevice o clnode o clquorum o clreslogicalhostname o clresource o clresourcegroup o clresourcetype o clressharedaddress o clsnmphost o clsnmpmib o clsnmpuser o cltelemetryattribute o cluster o scconf o scdidadm o scdpm o scgdevs o scrgadm o scshutdown o scswitch Each record in the commandlog file contains the following information: o Date and timestamp o Host name from the which the command was executed o Process ID of the command o ID of the user who executed the command o Command that the user executed, including all options and operands Note - Command options are quoted in the commandlog file to enable you to copy, paste, and execute them in the shell. o Exit status or signal of the executed command By default, the commandlog file is regularly archived at the end of every week. Sun Cluster maintains up to eight previously archived com- mandlog files on each cluster node at any given time. EXAMPLES
Example 1 /var/cluster/logs/commandlog File The following example shows the contents of a typical /var/cluster/logs/commandlog file: 11/11/2006 09:43:36 phys-schost-1 5758 root START - clrg add "app-sa-1" 11/11/2006 09:43:36 phys-schost-1 5758 root END 0 11/11/2006 09:43:36 phys-schost-1 5760 root START - clrg set -y "RG_description=Department Shared Address RG" "app-sa-1" 11/11/2006 09:43:37 phys-schost-1 5760 root END 0 11/11/2006 09:44:15 phys-schost-1 5810 root START - clrg online "app-sa-1" 11/11/2006 09:44:15 phys-schost-1 5810 root END 0 11/11/2006 09:44:19 phys-schost-1 5222 root END -20988320 12/02/2006 14:37:21 phys-schost-1 5542 jbloggs START - clrg -c -g "app-sa-1" -y "RG_description=Joe Bloggs Shared Address RG" 12/02/2006 14:37:22 phys-schost-1 5542 jbloggs END 0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scha_control(1HA), scha_resource_setstatus(1HA), scconf(1M), scdidadm(1M), scdpm(1M), scgdevs(1M), scrgadm(1M), scshutdown(1M), scswitch(1M), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 18 Jul 2006 commandlog(4)