Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers KDE Kicker toolbar has dissapeared??? Post 22442 by DownSouthMoe on Tuesday 4th of June 2002 01:45:26 AM
Old 06-04-2002
Question KDE Kicker toolbar has dissapeared???

Not sure exactly how I got it to dissapear (playing with controls trying to customize the desktop). After all the tinkering with Xfree86, KDE, Enlightenement, Xfce, etc this is the first problem that I havn't been able to figure out how to fix.

Anybody know how to make it reappear once it's been "hidden"?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX toolbar help

Hi all, I am trying to set some icons in the toolbar thingy (HP-UX 10.2). I used the Toolboxes->Personal to help me setup, but it put the program icon in the personal toolbox folder. So I dragged it out to the Desktop. Now I've a link on a Desktop. Any ideas on how to create directly on to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Should We Keep or Drop the Bottom Toolbar?

Well, it's been a few months now since we started running the toolbar on the bottom with some navigation menu, search, link to code tag video, some social networking tools, etc. So, the question of the day is: Should we keep it, maybe develop more toolbar apps, or dump it? Please vote ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Change Toolbar to Opt In?

Hey! I'm thinking we should change the toolbar to "opt in" and have it off for members by default? But then, the would not have toolbar access to the code tag videos, etc. so then I thought to make it "opt in" after say 30 posts. That way, the toolbar will show to all new users with less... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies
KDED4(8)							 KDE User's Manual							  KDED4(8)

NAME
kded4 - KDE daemon - triggers Sycoca database updates when needed. SYNOPSIS
kded4 [--help] [Generic options] [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [--check] DESCRIPTION
kded4 is responsible for creating the sycoca file, i.e. the binary cache of servicetypes, mimetypes, and services for a particular user. It monitors the directories containing .desktop files. When a file is added/removed, it waits 5 seconds (in case of series of updates), and then launches kbuildsycoca. GENERIC OPTIONS
--author Show author information. --help Show help about options. --help-all Show all options. --help-kde Show KDE specific options. --help-qt Show Qt specific options. --license Show license information. -v --version Show version information APPLICATION OPTIONS
--check Check Sycoca database only once. USAGE
If kded4 is called without parameters and is already running, it shows the message: KDE Daemon (kded) already running. If kded4 is called with kded4 --check, then it updates the KDE sycoca using kbuildsycoca. SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7), qtoptions(7), kbuildsycoca(8) BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHORS
David Faure <faure@kde.org>, Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>. 2008-11-12 KDED4(8)