Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers solaris2.6 command to find/list system configuration Post 2242 by SmartJuniorUnix on Tuesday 1st of May 2001 11:34:22 AM
Old 05-01-2001
you can try

This gives you running system info as well as some hardware listing eg: memory swap # of CPU's

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find users using system(List them only once)

Hey, got a few questions here for anyone who can help...... Command line to - display users using the system, but count them only once. Command line to - use the lastcomm command to display how many times ive used grep in october. Command line to - list all logged on users with at least 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xBuRnTx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how assign the O/p of find command to a list.

i want to take the o/p of find command into a list like in java. can anyone help me regarding this. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List versus find command

Hi, My OS is SunOS mymac1 5.10 Generic_148888-04 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 When i cd /var/output ls -ltr *.css It yields the output in less than a second. While find /var/output -type f -name "*.css" does not complete for a while. and find /var/output -type f *.css... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List last 1 hour files with out FIND command

Hi Friends, Can we have an alternate command to list last 1hour files with out FIND command? Thanks Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies

9. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies

10. AIX

Need command to find missing operating system security patches

Hi, Need a command to find out Missing operating system patches for AIX 7.1 or a command to list down all installed patches. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mona Khandelwal
1 Replies
PS(1)							      General Commands Manual							     PS(1)

NAME
ps - process status SYNOPSIS
ps [ aklx ] [ namelist ] DESCRIPTION
Ps prints certain indicia about active processes. The a option asks for information about all processes with terminals (ordinarily only one's own processes are displayed); x asks even about processes with no terminal; l asks for a long listing. The short listing contains the process ID, tty letter, the cumulative execution time of the process and an approximation to the command line. The long listing is columnar and contains F Flags associated with the process. 01: in core; 02: system process; 04: locked in core (e.g. for physical I/O); 10: being swapped; 20: being traced by another process. S The state of the process. 0: nonexistent; S: sleeping; W: waiting; R: running; I: intermediate; Z: terminated; T: stopped. UID The user ID of the process owner. PID The process ID of the process; as in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name. PPID The process ID of the parent process. CPU Processor utilization for scheduling. PRI The priority of the process; high numbers mean low priority. NICE Used in priority computation. ADDR The core address of the process if resident, otherwise the disk address. SZ The size in blocks of the core image of the process. WCHAN The event for which the process is waiting or sleeping; if blank, the process is running. TTY The controlling tty for the process. TIME The cumulative execution time for the process. The command and its arguments. A process that has exited and has a parent, but has not yet been waited for by the parent is marked <defunct>. Ps makes an educated guess as to the file name and arguments given when the process was created by examining core memory or the swap area. The method is inherently somewhat unreliable and in any event a process is entitled to destroy this information, so the names cannot be counted on too much. If the k option is specified, the file /usr/sys/core is used in place of /dev/mem. This is used for postmortem system debugging. If a second argument is given, it is taken to be the file containing the system's namelist. FILES
/unix system namelist /dev/mem core memory /usr/sys/core alternate core file /dev searched to find swap device and tty names SEE ALSO
kill(1) BUGS
Things can change while ps is running; the picture it gives is only a close approximation to reality. Some data printed for defunct processes is irrelevant PDP11 PS(1)