Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers adding a second display, keyboard Post 22411 by slideright on Monday 3rd of June 2002 12:46:16 PM
Old 06-03-2002
Eye strain is the reason they want to change from DT to VGA.
The program they run is a medical billing program. Data entry is the main thing they do with it.

Now I don't know this for sure yet, but I bet the minute that I get this one installed and working that they will decide to change them all out. Then what? Thin Clients?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

5. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)											       XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)

NAME
XChangeKeyboardDevice - change which device is used as the X keyboard SYNOPSIS
Status XChangeKeyboardDevice(display, device) Display *display; XDevice *device; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the device to be used as the X keyboard. DESCRIPTION
The XChangeKeyboardDevice request causes the server to use the specified device as the X keyboard. The device must have been previously opened by the requesting client via XOpenDevice or a BadDevice error will result. The device must support input class Keys, or a BadMatch error will result. If the server implementation does not support using the requested device as the X keyboard, a BadDevice error will result. If the specified device is grabbed by another client, AlreadyGrabbed is returned. If the specified device is frozen by a grab on another device, GrabFrozen is returned. If the request is successful, Success is returned. If the request succeeds, a ChangeDeviceNotify event is sent to all clients that have selected that event. A MappingNotify event with request = MappingKeyboard is sent to all clients. The specified device becomes the X keyboard and the old X keyboard becomes accessible through the input extension protocol requests. XChangeKeyboardDevice can generate a BadDevice or a BadMatch error. DIAGNOSTICS
An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist, has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice, or is already one of the core X device (pointer or keyboard). This error may also occur if the server implementation does not support using the specified device as the X keyboard. This error may occur if an XChangeKeyboardDevice request was made specifying a device that has no keys. SEE ALSO
XChangePointerDevice(3X11) Programming With Xlib XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)