Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script pointers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script pointers Post 2209 by 98_1LE on Friday 27th of April 2001 06:24:58 PM
Old 04-27-2001
Telnet is fine across a local area network. You can install SSH for Solaris, check out http://www.sunfreeware.com To fire off a connection when you log in, there are a couple ways. The first would bypass the password, you form a trust between the hosts with a .rhosts file in your home dir or by modifying the /etc/hosts.equiv file This bypasses the password prompt. Be careful and do some reading on this if they are exposed directly to the Internet. Either way you will need to add some code to the end of your .bashrc file in your home, probably by execing an xterm with the appropriate telnet or rsh (if you set up the trust). I would have to play with it to make it work, but that is the principal. Please post what you do to make this work.
Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Pointers and array

hi all, let say i have a pointer exit, and this exit will store some value. how can i store the value that the pointer points to into an array and then print them out from the array. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianazheng
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functiom pointers

Hi all i wonder about function pointers as i never used them in my C code . could any tell me why and where exactly function pointers come into picture . thanq (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Programming

pointers

is this a valid c declaration int (*ptr(int *b)); plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
4 Replies

4. Programming

pointers

Hi I mash with pointers in C. I solve this problem about 5 hours and I don't know how I should continue. void InsertFirst (tList *L, int val) { tElemPtr new; if((new = malloc(sizeof(tElemPtr))) == NULL) Error(); new->data = val; new->ptr = L->frst; L->frst = new;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milla
2 Replies

5. Programming

restricted pointers

Hi all. I am trying to use restricted pointers to allow the gcc compiler optimize the code, but I have not been able to make it work so far. I am testing with this code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/time.h> void vecmult(int n, int * restrict a, int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shared pointers

I am new to shared pointer conceot in C++ and hence require some clarification: For example: class A { public: virtual ~A() { } int x; }; typedef boost::shared_ptr<A>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with the Pointers in C

I have a special character called ô. When it is declared as a character variable its showing it can be printed. But when it is declared as a character pointer variable its showing it cannot be printed. I am just wondering why its happening like this.. c1 = '@'; c2 = 'ô'; char *fp; fp="XXô"; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pointers on writing a unix script

Hi All, I am writing a unix shell script. I have a file called Results.txt which stores 4 fields separated by pipe. i.e. a pipe delimited file. I want to loop through each record of this file and store each of these 4 fields into variables. I have read can be done through awk but I have never... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwetainnani
7 Replies

9. Programming

Problem With Pointers

Hi guys. What is the difference between these: 1. int *a; 2. int (*a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

10. Programming

Pointers and array

Hello, I read from a book exercise for a challenge. How to print out each letter of char array a by two different pointers pa and ppa in the example? I have tried my code for letter "r" by testing without full understanding as only the first one worked. #include<stdio.h> int main() { char... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
17 Replies
rhosts(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 rhosts(4)

NAME
rhosts, .rhosts - Specifies remote users that can use a local user account SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.rhosts DESCRIPTION
The .rhosts file contains a list of remote users who are not required to supply a login password when they execute the rcp, rlogin, and rsh commands using a local user account. The .rhosts file is a hidden file in your home directory. It must be owned by you or the root user and it must not be writable by group or world, otherwise, it is not used. Moreover, although it is not required, it is sensible to set the permissions of the file to 600, so the file is not readable by group or world. Each entry in the file is of the following form: host [user] where: The name of the remote host. If the remote host is in a different domain than the local host, the full domain name must be speci- fied. The login name of the remote user. This field is optional. If this field is not specified, any user on the specified remote host is exempt from providing a password, and is assumed to have the same username on both the local and remote hosts. Optionally, an NIS netgroup name can be specified for the host name, user name, or both. Entries in the .rhosts file are either positive or negative. Positive entries allow access; negative entries deny access. The following entries are positive: hostname username +@netgroup In addition, the plus sign (+) can be used in place of the hostname or username. In place of the hostname, it means any remote host. In place of the username, it means any user. The following entries are negative: -hostname -username -@netgroup EXAMPLES
The following sample entries in the /u/chen/.rhosts file on host zeus allow users moshe and pierre at remote host venus and user robert at the hosts specified in the NIS netgroup chicago to log in to user chen's home directory on host zeus: venus moshe venus pierre +@chicago robert FILES
Specifies remote users who can use a local user account. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1). Functions: ruserok(3). Files: hosts.equiv(4), netgroup(4). Functions: rcmd(3). delim off rhosts(4)