Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to config router on Linux Post 21984 by Luftwaffe on Saturday 25th of May 2002 04:29:06 PM
Old 05-25-2002
Would you like a step by step tutorial with visuals included?

Anyway, usually routers are configured through a web browser. I connect to my router configuration by going to http://198.168.1.1/ and my LInksys router brings out a GUI interface.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Solaris

config v120(sol 8) as a router

Hello all I'm trying to configure a v120 (sol8) as router. The exact setup is: 2900 switch | | eri0 eri1 (node1 v120 sol8)----------------------> eri0 (node2 v120 sol8) so node1 eri1 is connected to node2 eri0. Also, on node1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sashah
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX / Router / Config for Internet

Hi there, i have a Problem.. i have a Visualize J5600 and HP-UX installed on it.. So i want to go Online with the machine and surf in the Internet.. But i dont know what i do wrong... :( I installed HP-UX and run SAM I am from Germany and my provider is T-Online.. my Router has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepimpact26
3 Replies
RPC.BOOTPARAMD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 RPC.BOOTPARAMD(8)

NAME
bootparamd, rpc.bootparamd -- boot parameter server SYNOPSIS
bootparamd [-ds] [-i interface] [-r router] [-f file] DESCRIPTION
bootparamd is a server process that provides information to diskless clients necessary for booting. It consults the file ``/etc/bootparams''. It should normally be started from ``/etc/rc''. This version will allow the use of aliases on the hostname in the ``/etc/bootparams'' file. The hostname returned in response to the booting client's whoami request will be the name that appears in the config file, not the canonical name. In this way you can keep the answer short enough so that machines that cannot handle long hostnames won't fail during boot. While parsing, if a line containing just ``+'' is found, and the YP subsystem is active, the YP map bootparams will be searched immediately. OPTIONS
-d Display the debugging information. The daemon does not fork in this case. -i interface Specify the interface to become the default router. bootparamd picks the first IPv4 address it finds on the system by default. With -i, you can control which interface to be used to obtain the default router address. -r overrides -i. -s Log the debugging information with syslog(3). -r Set the default router (a hostname or IP-address). This defaults to the machine running the server. -f Specify the file to use as boot parameter file instead of ``/etc/bootparams''. FILES
/etc/bootparams default configuration file SEE ALSO
bootparams(5) AUTHORS
Originally written by Klas Heggemann <klas@nada.kth.se>. BUGS
You may find the syslog messages too verbose. It's not clear if the non-canonical hack mentioned above is a good idea. BSD
January 8, 1994 BSD