Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: qdaemon
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers qdaemon Post 21924 by spunky on Friday 24th of May 2002 09:44:14 AM
Old 05-24-2002
qdaemon

I am being taught UNIX hands on. Recently, I have been having problems with my qdaemon going down. I know that the short cut to start it is startsrc -s qdaemon.

My question is, through smit, processes & subsystems, subsystems, start a subsystem...
I know it is the qdaemon I want to start, but when I try to enter qdaemon, I get an error that the field cannot be edited. Am I not going throught the right process if I want to start the qdaemon through smit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can you stop qdaemon from emailing users?

Morning, All. Does anyone know how to stop qdaemon from emailing users when print jobs fail? This is causing a problem as the application that we use is mail-aware; users get a prompt onscreen when they have unread mail in their UNIX account, however they don't all have access to the part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
2 Replies

2. AIX

sendmail/ntp/qdaemon not starting automaticlly after reboot ?!

Hi all, I have a small problem, after a reboot the following services do not start automaticly, like they are supposed to do even though they are commented in in /etc/rc.tcpip sendmail xntpd qdaemon snmpd snmpmibd aixmibd hostmibd why ?!?! anybody ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
3 Replies
MB_STRCUT(3)								 1							      MB_STRCUT(3)

mb_strcut - Get part of string

SYNOPSIS
string mb_strcut (string $str, int $start, [int $length = NULL], [string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()]) DESCRIPTION
mb_strcut(3) extracts a substring from a string similarly to mb_substr(3), but operates on bytes instead of characters. If the cut position happens to be between two bytes of a multi-byte character, the cut is performed starting from the first byte of that character. This is also the difference to the substr(3) function, which would simply cut the string between the bytes and thus result in a malformed byte sequence. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string being cut. o $start - Starting position in bytes. o $length - Length in bytes. If omitted or NULL is passed, extract all bytes to the end of the string. o $encoding -The $encoding parameter is the character encoding. If it is omitted, the internal character encoding value will be used. RETURN VALUES
mb_strcut(3) returns the portion of $str specified by the $start and $length parameters. SEE ALSO
mb_substr(3), mb_internal_encoding(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_STRCUT(3)