Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Publish FrontPage from Command Line Post 21896 by LivinFree on Friday 24th of May 2002 04:39:26 AM
Old 05-24-2002
I think the OP wants to publish to a server running FP extensions.

As far as I know, this cannot be done from the command line, and more than likely, not at all, unless there's an application that will handle this. It, by definition, should be done from Front Page, on a Windows system.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Frontpage extensions

Hi everyone. I'm trying to install Frontpage extensions capacity on my web server and getting this error: ./fp_install.sh: line 59: 6763 Segmentation fault /usr/local/frontpage/version${VERSION}/bin/fpsrvadm.exe -o install -p $port $web $config -u $admin $server $chown -m "" ERROR: /... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To publish xml in a textarea

Hi everyone, When I use echo "<textarea cols ="75" rows ="20" align="center">" echo |cat xyz.sh echo "</textarea>" I am able to view the file xyz.sh in the text area but when I try to echo an xml echo "<textarea cols ="75" rows ="20" align="center">" echo |cat xml.txt echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashnaz
3 Replies

4. Programming

Unable to publish data

Hi All, In my application, we are using Publish/subscribe model implemented in JAVA and when I implemented it on windows to windows os,it is working fine and able to publish the right data and even when I am trying the same between two different OS i.e between Windows and Solaris sparc or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Publish notification

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil529
1 Replies
avahi-publish-service(1)				      General Commands Manual					  avahi-publish-service(1)

NAME
avahi-publish-service - Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name or address mapping using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-publish -s [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish-service [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish -a [options] host name address avahi-publish-address [options] host name address DESCRIPTION
Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name/address mapping using the Avahi daemon. The daemon is not the standard Avahi daemon but a proxy to a Bonjour daemon. OPTIONS
When calling in service registration mode, specify a DNS-SD service name (e.g. "Lennart's Files"), a service type (e.g. _http._tcp) and an IP port number for the service, optionally followed by any number of TXT record strings on the command line. When calling in address/host name registration mode specify a fully qualified host name and an address (IPv4 or IPv6). -s | --service Register a service. avahi-publish-service is equivalent to avahi-publish -s. -a | --address Register an address/host name mapping. avahi-publish-address is equivalent to avahi-publish -a. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -H | --host= HOSTNAME Specify a host name for this service, in case it doesn't reside on the local host. This host name needs to be fully qualified and resolvable using mDNS or unicast DNS. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Publish the service in the specified domain. If omitted the Avahi daemon will publish it in its default domain (usually .local). --subtype= SUBTYPE Register the service with an additional subtype in addition to the main type. DNS-SD subtypes have the form _anon._sub._ftp._tcp, where _anon is the identifier of the subtype and _ftp._tcp is the main type. You may pass this option multiple times to register the service with multiple subtypes. -f | --no-fail Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect. -h | --help Show help -V | --version Show version information. SEE ALSO
avahi-resolve(1), avahi-browse(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-publish-service(1)