Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Maximum number of threads per user Post 21820 by s_aamir on Thursday 23rd of May 2002 09:48:32 AM
Old 05-23-2002
Maximum number of threads per user

Anybody knows how to setup Maximum number of threads per user or some other value on Sun Solaris 8.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of users allowed

How do i determen (what command) the max. number of users allowed Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siza
10 Replies

2. Linux

Maximum number of threads handled by a process????

Hi Anybody knows max. no. of threads handled by a process in linux. Please reply Thanks in advnce :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Maximum Number of threads suuported????

Hi, Anybody knows the maximum number of threads suuported by a process in solaris os. Please reply Thanks in advance :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Agnello
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum number of arguments

Hi, What is the maximum number of arguments that could be passed to zsh ? To find out that I tried a simple script. And the maximum number of arguments that could be passed turned out to be 23394 #! /bin/zsh arg=1 i=1 subIndex=23000 while do arg=$arg" "$i i=$(($i + 1))... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls - maximum number of files

what is the maximum number ls can list down (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum number from input by user

I am trying to calculate the maximum number from four numbers input by the user. I have the following code, but it does not work. It says there's an error with the last line "done". Any help would be appreciated. max=0 echo "Please enter four numbers: " for i in 1 2 3 4 do read number... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of sed squeezing

Hi all, What is the maximum number of sed squeezing in one shell?? I've surprised with this message when I squeezed 50 sed in the same shell: 253: Identifier too long - maximum length is 18.This is what I've did in my sed query | sed -e "s/ 0 /Default /" | sed -e "s/ 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum number of data in Python

Hi all, I would like to save my output data in two columns. I tried print(x,y) but have two problems: 1. There are ~10000 values for each x and y, but the intermediates are omitted; 2. I'd like to list data in two columns instead of two arrays (BTW, it's fine as I can format it using other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
3 Replies
pcdindex(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pcdindex(1)

NAME
pcdindex - create index image for a photo CD SYNOPSIS
pcdindex [-m width] [-s size] [-a across] [-c colors] [-f font] [-b|-w] [pcdfile] DESCRIPTION
This program generates an index image for a photo CD, based on the photo CD overview file. You can achieve a similar result with hpcdtoppm -Overview followed by pnmindex -black on the generated PPM images. OPTIONS
-wwidth Maximum width of the result image (default: 1152). -ssize Maximum size of each of the images (default: 192). -aacross Maximum number of images across (default: 6). -ccolors Maximum number of colors, or n to mean no quantization -ffont Font to be used for annotation (default: internal font). -b Black background color (default). -w White background color. EXAMPLES
pcdindex -m 768 -s 96 -f smallfont.pbm overview.pcd > overview.ppm pcdindex /cdrom/photo_cd/overview.pcd | ppmtojpeg > overview.jpg SEE ALSO
hpcdtoppm(1), pnmindex(1), ppmtojpeg(1), ppm(5) 11 September 2000 pcdindex(1)