Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: terrible time using gcc
Top Forums Programming terrible time using gcc Post 21759 by irfan_yousuf on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 11:17:59 AM
Old 05-22-2002
or try

gcc -c filename.c -o filename.o

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup has a terrible bad performance compared with interactive command, why?

I have a strange situation. I'm running a shell script containing several data uploads (using Oracle sqlloader utility). This script is being run on a Red Hat server. I tried to run it in background: $ nohup upload.sh & This script uploads some thousands files. After several hours I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viniciov
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get a compiler gcc, cc, cl.exe...? (literally 1st time unix user)

Hi all, I've done hours of reading on google and can't find an answer... I'm trying to compile/install the Apache web server on a Unix vm. When i try ./compile (the file's been unzipped already), I get this error: $ ./configure checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for working mkdir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddlo
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Terrible SMB performance!?

Hi, I tried this question on OTN Discussion Forum, but it seems that forum doesn't have as much activity so I thought I'd try here. I have a big performance problem with Samba server on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11 svn_151a, and a freshly created ZFS pool. I'm getting about 3 to 10 MB/s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublemeat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having a terrible problem with quotes/single quotes!

Hello. I'm trying to write a bash script that uses GNU screen and have hit a brick wall that has cost me many hours... (I'm sure it has something to do with quoting/globbing, which is why I post it here) I can make a script that does the following just fine: test.sh: #!/bin/bash # make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jondecker76
2 Replies

8. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies
ASN2ASN(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASN2ASN(1)

NAME
asn2asn - convert NCBI data between text and binary ASN.1 SYNOPSIS
asn2asn [-] [-b] [-e] [-i filename] [-l filename] [-o filename] [-s] [-x] DESCRIPTION
asn2asn converts data in NCBI's ASN.1 format between binary and text subformats, or to isomorphic XML. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -b Input asnfile in binary mode -e Input is a Seq-entry -i filename Read input from filename rather than stdin -l filename Log errors to filename -o filename Write output to filename rather than stdout -s Output asnfile in binary mode -x Output XML instead of ASN.1 AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. SEE ALSO
asn2ff(1), asn2gb(1), asn2xml(1), asndhuff(1) NCBI
2002-08-30 ASN2ASN(1)