Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: small unix!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers small unix! Post 21729 by LivinFree on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 03:52:45 AM
Old 05-22-2002
http://www.toms.net/rb/
http://www.minix.org/

Those are two choices that are fairly popular.
I've used tomsrtbt many many times in recovery situations, in addition to just being for fun...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on a small drive?

has any body put freebsd on a drive smaller than 80megs? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverraindog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small UNIX problem

I have a shell script that carries out an extraction process as follows: For a given input file dummy which looks like the following: a.txt a 1 a 2 xnzbcnzbxcbzxncbmnzxbcmzx 546 456 45 5 6 56 a 3 b.txt b1 b2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Help on SED

Hi All, I have come across a command echo "123 abc" | sed 's/*/& &/' output is 123 123 abc then i tried in different ways to get 123 abc abc as output. Can u please explain me the importance of & in the above command. Thank you - Chanakya (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

4. Programming

execution small C++ program in UNIX

Hi my friends I am beginner unix programmer I have written small c++ program in text editor and I have change it mode to 555 to make it executable file to use it in unix O.P. #include<iostream.h> main() { cout<<"Hello World"; } but some syntax erroe came for << can any one help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need small help to write the code in unix

Hi all, I get data-files which has a particular identified on the 1st record( header ), based on which I've to load a constant for the 1st column of every row. How do I set in the control file using unix shell script. Appreciate if someone can give me some directions on this. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi, i have a client requirement to post the files into generic folder named as "source".file identification is to retrieve Publication code (Instance name) from the file name.So thereafter we move the files to different instances of specific folders for the same unix server.(means if the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi all, I have two files in my folder 1.index.jsp 2.maintenance.jsp Once hit the URL in IE,It will call the index.jsp file than application working fine. I want to some maintenance in my application, during the application maintenance than it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with small script

Hi I have the below file Name=abc Yr=2011 Mon=05 My script should be in such a way that whenever I run it then Month should increment by 1 and if the month is 12 then when I run the script then year should incremented by 1 and month Should become 01(I.e jan) Thanks for the help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small help

Hi, sorry for inconvenience..wrong query posted. Thanks for your help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Small database that can be bundled with UNIX

Hi All, I am working on a file transfer tool between unix servers. for this i am looking for a small database which is free and compatible with all unix OS and can be bundled in a package with other scripts. Any suggestions (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)