Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun SS10 networking
Special Forums Cybersecurity Sun SS10 networking Post 21369 by thehoghunter on Wednesday 15th of May 2002 05:22:57 PM
Old 05-15-2002
Oops, I stand corrected - according to SUN you can use Solaris 8 on a SS10.

I'll keep looking.
thehoghunter

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interface on Sun Blade 1500

Hi, I am attempting to configure my ethernet interface on a Sun Blade 1500. I am testing out my network interface my connecting a crossover cable from my blade to a windows box. I would like to assign an ip address of 10.0.0.2 to "bge0" and netmask of "255.0.0.0". I have typed the following: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annointed3
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
THINKFAN(1)							     thinkfan							       THINKFAN(1)

NAME
thinkfan - A simple fan control program SYNOPSIS
thinkfan [-hnqzD [-b BIAS] [-c CONFIG] [-s SECONDS] [-p [DELAY]]] DESCRIPTION
Thinkfan can use temperature inputs and one PWM control file in /sys/class/hwmon or the Thinkpad-specific thinkpad_acpi interface in /proc/acpi/ibm. If nothing is specified, it tries to use /proc/acpi/ibm. WARNING: This program does only very basic sanity checking on the configuration. That means that you can set your temperature limits as insane as you like. Thinkfan has two modes of operation: SIMPLE MODE In simple mode, it uses only the highest temperature found in the system. That may be dangerous, e.g. for hard disks. That's why you should provide a correction value (i.e. add 10-15 [u00B0]C) for the sensor that has the temperature of your hard disk (or battery...). See the example config files for details about that. COMPLEX MODE In complex mode, temperature limits are defined for each sensor thinkfan knows about. Setting suitable limits for each sensor in your sys- tem will probably require a bit of experimentation and good knowledge about your hardware, but it's the safest way of keeping each compo- nent within its specified temperature range. See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors for details on which sensor measures what temperature in a Thinkpad. On other systems you'll have to find out on your own. See the example configs to learn about the syntax. CONFIGURATION
Some example configurations are provided with the source package. For detailed explanations please read the README file. If you installed thinkfan from a distribution package, you may find them under /usr/share/doc or wherever your package manager puts documentation. OPTIONS
-h Show a short help message -s Maximum seconds between temperature updates (default: 5) -b Floating point number (0 ~ 20) to control rising temperature exaggeration (see README for why this is needed). Default 5.0 -c Load different configuration file (default: /etc/thinkfan.conf) -n Do not become a daemon, log to both terminal and syslog -q Be quiet (no status info on terminal) -z Assume we don't have to worry about resuming from standby when using the sysfs interface (see README!) -p Use the pulsing-fan workaround (for older Thinkpads). Takes an optional floating-point argument (0-10s) as depulsing duration. Default 0.5s. -D DANGEROUS mode: Disable all sanity checks. May damage your hardware!! BUGS
If you have any problems with thinkfan, please go to the help forum at sf.net: http://sourceforge.net/projects/thinkfan/forums/forum/905019 thinkfan 0.8 October 2011 THINKFAN(1)