Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printer problems!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printer problems! Post 21038 by boris888 on Thursday 9th of May 2002 10:12:12 AM
Old 05-09-2002
I withdraw my question. I just re-installed and the default config set me to /dev/lp0.
boris888

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Local Printer Problems

I've connected a Sun Sparc Printer E to a Sun Server to print locally. I've gone through and added the printer using the admintool, but nothing will print. Is there some other configuration that needs to take place that I'm overlooking. :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprite
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

6. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
sane-qcam(5)							File Formats Manual						      sane-qcam(5)

NAME
sane-qcam - SANE backend for Connectix QuickCam cameras DESCRIPTION
The sane-qcam library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access Connectix QuickCam cameras. DEVICE NAMES
This backend expects device names of the form: port Where port is the I/O port address at which the device resides. This address is normally specified in hexadecimal using C syntax (e.g., 0x37b) and may be prefixed with the letter "u" (e.g., u0x37b) to force the backend to access the camera in uni-directional mode. CONFIGURATION
The contents of the qcam.conf file is a list port addresses that may be connected to a Connectix QuickCam. Empty lines and everything starting from a hash mark (#) up to the end of a line are ignored. A sample configuration file is shown below: 0x37b # /dev/lp0 0x378 # /dev/lp1 u0x278 # /dev/lp2 forced in uni-directional mode 0x3bc # /dev/lp0 (alternate address) In general, it is safest to list only the port addresses that really correspond to a QuickCam. For example, if one of the listed addresses actually connect to a printer, then starting up this backend will cause the printer to perform a device reset (which is generally undesir- able). FILES
/etc/sane.d/qcam.conf The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below). /usr/lib/sane/libsane-qcam.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib/sane/libsane-qcam.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_CONFIG_DIR This environment variable specifies the list of directories that may contain the configuration file. Under UNIX, the directories are separated by a colon (`:'), under OS/2, they are separated by a semi-colon (`;'). If this variable is not set, the configura- tion file is searched in two default directories: first, the current working directory (".") and then in /etc/sane.d. If the value of the environment variable ends with the directory separator character, then the default directories are searched after the explic- itly specified directories. For example, setting SANE_CONFIG_DIR to "/tmp/config:" would result in directories "tmp/config", ".", and "/etc/sane.d" being searched (in this order). SANE_DEBUG_QCAM If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. AUTHOR
David Mosberger BUGS
Support is currently limited to the color version of the QuickCam. The black-and-white camera is starting to work too, but I don't believe it works in all cases yet. Reportedly, acquiring images of certain sizes work fine, but others result in shifted images (sounds like a problem due to byte-padding). The program needs root-priviledges since it needs to be able to access the camera's I/O ports. SEE ALSO
sane(7) 25 October 1997 sane-qcam(5)