Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big Problemo Senior~
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Big Problemo Senior~ Post 20981 by boris888 on Wednesday 8th of May 2002 03:14:28 PM
Old 05-08-2002
just format. it's the simplest route.
good luck!
boris888

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

3. Programming

Building an operating system for senior project?

Hey guys! this is my first post on this site. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I am going to be a senior this year and I want to build an operating system from scratch or at least do as much of as I can by myself. I want to build nothing big like ubuntu but something smaller looking that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoonathan
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Junior engineer attending a senior engineering interview.

So the company I work for is interviewing for a senior engineer, DevOps position. I was requested to participate in the last interview. I realize, among many things, personality and group cohesiveness are a contributing factor when considering a new employee. With this in mind I only asked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
make_sockdfr - Generates frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfr [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfr reads in a plain-text route file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen route file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.route; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fr. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen route file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. To find out the contents of a frozen route file, use dump_sockdfr. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)