Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP Post 20957 by boris888 on Wednesday 8th of May 2002 10:14:59 AM
Old 05-08-2002
Computer

yep, i learned the hard way... you want to install Win2K first, then use LILO. I suggest using the MBR.
by the way... what are you doing with xp??? are you begging to re-format? Smilie I highly suggest going
but Win2K on both machines.
boris888

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dual boot windows 2000 and solaris 8

Hello I recently purchased solaris 8 and I want to dual boot with windows 2000. What is the easiest way to install the solaris OS with the existing windows 2000? mogfog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogfog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading windows on a dual boot

I want to dual-boot Windows 98 and Redhat 7. My scheme for doing this is to partition into: A FAT32 partition for windows A Linux partition for root A swap partition A boot partition My question is: At what point do I setup windows on the FAT partition? Would I do it from the command line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DUAL BOOT redhat linux 7.3 - W2K

Hi, i know a little bit of Unix, but not a whole lot. I have a PC with W2K running on it. I want to install redhat Linux 7.3 as new OS in dual boot. do I need to install a boot manager like system commander or does the linux install detects other OS'es and create a dual boot 4 me (like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxthree
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

XP -- Redhat Dual Boot

Hi guys! Need some help here.....trying to install Redhat 8.0 on a laptop that is already running WinXP. Have made a partition with partition magic but when I try to install Linux it just stops at the check partition/ check hard-drive stage. It has happened on two different laptops of different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syrex
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot between UNIX and Windows

I am planning to install UNIX (SunOS) on my computer which has two hard disks C: and D: C drive already have operating system which has windows installed on it and I use it on daily basis. D drive is empty and has like 40GB space, I want to partition D: by half half and want install UNIX on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DataSheet
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows And Unix, Dual Boot

Hello! I must find a way to use unix in my PC. I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1Gb RAM.It came with windows xp but in order to get some software running I have to be able to work on unix! Is it posible to set up a unix and Windows dual boot configuration? I was sure it was posible but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isidora10
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dual Boot Problem - Vista & Redhat -Incorrect BIOS geometry

Hi Folks, Initially I had vista and redhat 9 .. due to some reasons i had to re instal my vista again.. since then the dual boot menu disappeared.. i tried to re install redhat and changing the boot configuration of redhat 9 but i am not getting both the OS back .. I am not aboe to boot linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run linux in windows 7 without dual boot?

tell me in steps if its virtual box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
2 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010, 2011. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.18.2 2012-11-19 Inline-Support(3)