Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas Post 20510 by linux_guru on Sunday 28th of April 2002 04:14:54 AM
Old 04-28-2002
Veritas will let you reduce volumes/filesystems on the the fly, whereas the standard AIX JFS will let you increase but not reduce volumes/filesystems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies

2. AIX

JFS and JFS2

hi all, can sumbody give me a link which gives the basic layout of JFS, JFS2 and the veritas file system. and i also want to know about the data structures used in this filsystem thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

3. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 & Veritas Backup with Tape Library

hello, I am facing this problem when trying to prepare AIX 5.3 for Veritas Backup: Veritas Software is not able to communicate properly with our tape library When we tried to run these commands here's the output # cfgmgr -l fscsi0 # cfgmgr -l fscsi2 # cfgmgr -l fscsi1 cfgmgr:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

7. AIX

Jfs and jfs2

Hi all, Can anyone define the difference between jfs and jfs2 filesystem as well as usage of jfs log files.... Thanks.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
7 Replies

8. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
vxusertemplate(1M)														vxusertemplate(1M)

NAME
vxusertemplate - create and administer user templates SYNOPSIS
vxusertemplate -d file [-f] create [template [template ...]] vxusertemplate [-f] create template_name [description=description] [rules=rules] [capability=capability(var=value,...)[,capability...]] vxusertemplate delete template vxusertemplate help [keywords | options | attributes] vxusertemplate list vxusertemplate print template [template ... ] DESCRIPTION
The vxusertemplate utility provides a command line interface for the creation and administration of user-defined or user templates that may be used with the Veritas Intelligent Storage Provisioning (ISP) feature of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). The operations that can be performed by vxusertemplate are selected by specifying the appropriate keyword on the command line. See the KEY- WORDS section for a description of the available operations. KEYWORDS
create Creates one or more user templates, whose definitions can be read from a definitions file or entered on the command line. delete Deletes a user template. help Displays information on usage, keywords, options and attributes. list Lists all user templates. print Prints detailed information about one or more user templates. OPTIONS
-d file Specifies a file that contains user template definitions -f Forces an operation that is not usually allowed by vxusertemplate. This option must be specified if the user template definition differs from the existing definition in the configuration database. EXAMPLES
Create the user templates ut1, ut2 and ut3 from the definitions in the file ut1.txt: vxusertemplate -d ut1.txt create ut1,ut2,ut3 Delete the user template myreliabletemplate: vxusertemplate delete myreliabletemplate List all user templates: vxusertemplate list Print details of the user template mytemplate: vxusertemplate print mytemplate EXIT STATUS
The vxusertemplate utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. SEE ALSO
vxtemplate(1M), vxvoladm(1M) Veritas Storage Foundation Intelligent Storage Provisioning Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxusertemplate(1M)