Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to change UNIX password Post 20243 by hugo_perez on Tuesday 23rd of April 2002 01:19:33 PM
Old 04-23-2002
I agree, but in some cases the uses of a single-sign on combined
with a token card like securID (RSA) avoids to have a privileged memory.

Regards. Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script/program to change the password ?

hi, Somebody have or known where i can find a perl small perl program to change the password. The point: First it verify is the user exist, checking the old typed password and replace it with new. The passwords must be encoded. Thanks, very much! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kad
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to change the UNIX password prompt?

Hi guys, I got these 3 servers: a, b and c which I ssh from a to b/c. a:$ ssh userid@b Password: a:$ ssh userid@c userid@c's password: Notice that the password prompt is different (highlighted in bold) on both servers even though their SUN Solaris version the same, OpenSSH version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to change password for all other servers

Hey Gurus, I have this requirement to change the password for other servers remotely from one server. So, I installed public keys on all servers and wrote the following script to do the job. Something appears to be wrong with my loop, as it only changes one server and ignores the rest. I'm... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
24 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to change the password

Hi Folks, I am trying to change the password for the user "sysservice" Where my requirement is login to each server and exit from that and ssh to the next server.. I have enabled the password less auth for the user sysservice. for i in `cat /home/sysservice/servers.txt` do ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
RSAUTL(1)							      OpenSSL								 RSAUTL(1)

NAME
rsautl - RSA utility SYNOPSIS
openssl rsautl [-in file] [-out file] [-inkey file] [-pubin] [-certin] [-sign] [-verify] [-encrypt] [-decrypt] [-pkcs] [-ssl] [-raw] [-hexdump] [-asn1parse] DESCRIPTION
The rsautl command can be used to sign, verify, encrypt and decrypt data using the RSA algorithm. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read data from or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename to write to or standard output by default. -inkey file the input key file, by default it should be an RSA private key. -pubin the input file is an RSA public key. -certin the input is a certificate containing an RSA public key. -sign sign the input data and output the signed result. This requires and RSA private key. -verify verify the input data and output the recovered data. -encrypt encrypt the input data using an RSA public key. -decrypt decrypt the input data using an RSA private key. -pkcs, -oaep, -ssl, -raw the padding to use: PKCS#1 v1.5 (the default), PKCS#1 OAEP, special padding used in SSL v2 backwards compatible handshakes, or no padding, respectively. For signatures, only -pkcs and -raw can be used. -hexdump hex dump the output data. -asn1parse asn1parse the output data, this is useful when combined with the -verify option. NOTES
rsautl because it uses the RSA algorithm directly can only be used to sign or verify small pieces of data. EXAMPLES
Sign some data using a private key: openssl rsautl -sign -in file -inkey key.pem -out sig Recover the signed data openssl rsautl -verify -in sig -inkey key.pem Examine the raw signed data: openssl rsautl -verify -in file -inkey key.pem -raw -hexdump 0000 - 00 01 ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0010 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0020 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0030 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0040 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0050 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0060 - ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff-ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ................ 0070 - ff ff ff ff 00 68 65 6c-6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 .....hello world The PKCS#1 block formatting is evident from this. If this was done using encrypt and decrypt the block would have been of type 2 (the second byte) and random padding data visible instead of the 0xff bytes. It is possible to analyse the signature of certificates using this utility in conjunction with asn1parse. Consider the self signed example in certs/pca-cert.pem . Running asn1parse as follows yields: openssl asn1parse -in pca-cert.pem 0:d=0 hl=4 l= 742 cons: SEQUENCE 4:d=1 hl=4 l= 591 cons: SEQUENCE 8:d=2 hl=2 l= 3 cons: cont [ 0 ] 10:d=3 hl=2 l= 1 prim: INTEGER :02 13:d=2 hl=2 l= 1 prim: INTEGER :00 16:d=2 hl=2 l= 13 cons: SEQUENCE 18:d=3 hl=2 l= 9 prim: OBJECT :md5WithRSAEncryption 29:d=3 hl=2 l= 0 prim: NULL 31:d=2 hl=2 l= 92 cons: SEQUENCE 33:d=3 hl=2 l= 11 cons: SET 35:d=4 hl=2 l= 9 cons: SEQUENCE 37:d=5 hl=2 l= 3 prim: OBJECT :countryName 42:d=5 hl=2 l= 2 prim: PRINTABLESTRING :AU .... 599:d=1 hl=2 l= 13 cons: SEQUENCE 601:d=2 hl=2 l= 9 prim: OBJECT :md5WithRSAEncryption 612:d=2 hl=2 l= 0 prim: NULL 614:d=1 hl=3 l= 129 prim: BIT STRING The final BIT STRING contains the actual signature. It can be extracted with: openssl asn1parse -in pca-cert.pem -out sig -noout -strparse 614 The certificate public key can be extracted with: openssl x509 -in test/testx509.pem -pubkey -noout >pubkey.pem The signature can be analysed with: openssl rsautl -in sig -verify -asn1parse -inkey pubkey.pem -pubin 0:d=0 hl=2 l= 32 cons: SEQUENCE 2:d=1 hl=2 l= 12 cons: SEQUENCE 4:d=2 hl=2 l= 8 prim: OBJECT :md5 14:d=2 hl=2 l= 0 prim: NULL 16:d=1 hl=2 l= 16 prim: OCTET STRING 0000 - f3 46 9e aa 1a 4a 73 c9-37 ea 93 00 48 25 08 b5 .F...Js.7...H%.. This is the parsed version of an ASN1 DigestInfo structure. It can be seen that the digest used was md5. The actual part of the certificate that was signed can be extracted with: openssl asn1parse -in pca-cert.pem -out tbs -noout -strparse 4 and its digest computed with: openssl md5 -c tbs MD5(tbs)= f3:46:9e:aa:1a:4a:73:c9:37:ea:93:00:48:25:08:b5 which it can be seen agrees with the recovered value above. SEE ALSO
dgst(1), rsa(1), genrsa(1) 1.0.0 2007-09-17 RSAUTL(1)