Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time service info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Time service info Post 20236 by Inbal on Tuesday 23rd of April 2002 12:18:15 PM
Old 04-23-2002
Data Time service info

Where can i find info about the Time Service of UNIX ???

I need to "speak" with a machine which has UNIX os ( i know its IP address ) and to get from this machine its date or time.
I work with Cygwin on my machine.

any help will be welcomed ....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time difference between each line info....

Hi all, here is a problem, i am having a data in a file of this format, cat filename|grep -ivn edc|tr -s ' ' +|cut -d+ f1,12 1 01:18:38 2007 25 01:43:38 2007 48 01:58:45 2007 71 02:11:02 2007 102 02:19:51 2007 and so on ........ ....... . here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic time to append for every log info

Hi All, What i am looking for: i want to generate a dynamic system time for each and every data(line) which goes on generating data continously.... now i am using this script to append a time for dynamic data generation log file, tail -f filename_error.log|awk -v var="$( date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to supress a UI popup at the time of Service start up in solaris-10

Hi, I have written a service script(service.sh) for my application which will add my application(BTINM) as service and start the service. Internally inside the script i will call the sh script which will start my application server. When my application server starts a UI opens saying that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Enabling time service in local zones

Hi, Is it possible to enable the time service in local zones? E.g. erahmanz1% svcs -a | grep -i time STATE STIME FMRI disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/daytime:dgram disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/daytime:stream disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/time:dgram... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ERahman
2 Replies

6. Linux

cifs.upcall issue, requests new kerberos service ticket all the time

This is more of an annoyance than an actual production issue. I've set it up so that each user's home directory is mounted to an immediate subdirectory of $HOME when they login, (and umounts when they log out to keep /proc/mounts a manageable size). My issue comes in when my login scripts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NTPD service restart and time synch

I am using ntpd service to sync our RHEL 5.9 system to synch with GPS clock. When I change the RHEL system time more than 7 seconds than the present system time (through "Datetime" command), ntpd service does not adjust the system time to the present GPS time.But if the time is with in 7 seconds,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)