Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas Post 20152 by hugo_perez on Monday 22nd of April 2002 01:31:46 PM
Old 04-22-2002
The AIX jfs come with the OS (idem for the LVM); you need to purchase Veritas FS (and Veritas Volume Manager if you want a similar way to manage Logical Volumens and FS).

Regards, Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies

2. AIX

JFS and JFS2

hi all, can sumbody give me a link which gives the basic layout of JFS, JFS2 and the veritas file system. and i also want to know about the data structures used in this filsystem thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

3. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 & Veritas Backup with Tape Library

hello, I am facing this problem when trying to prepare AIX 5.3 for Veritas Backup: Veritas Software is not able to communicate properly with our tape library When we tried to run these commands here's the output # cfgmgr -l fscsi0 # cfgmgr -l fscsi2 # cfgmgr -l fscsi1 cfgmgr:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

7. AIX

Jfs and jfs2

Hi all, Can anyone define the difference between jfs and jfs2 filesystem as well as usage of jfs log files.... Thanks.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
7 Replies

8. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk, this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) LVSCAN(8)