Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installing bull estrella 300
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers installing bull estrella 300 Post 20066 by hugo_perez on Friday 19th of April 2002 03:03:36 PM
Old 04-19-2002
I can't affirm to you that they are same, but if you decide to install the AIX, first make an mksysb:

smitty mksysb

or manually see man pages mkszfile && mksyb

Good, luck. Hugo.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network down when visitors are over 300

Hi, there. Recently one of my friends used FreeBSD 4.8 to setup a web server, and the network connection is 100MB/s. But every time when the visitors approached 300 people, the network turned so slow, and eventually "dead". Why is that? And how should we solve this problem. I don't know what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardware monitoring on unix servers (Sun and Bull AIX)

Hello, I was given the task to write a shell script that must detect hardware problems on Unix Solaris and AIX servers. Problems that should be detected by this script are for example: abnormally high temperature or voltage etc... So, does anyone know if that kind of information is logged in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX / bull Dynamic System Partitions

Hi does any body knows some usefull oneline ressources about systemp partitioning ? A FaQ would be perfect... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguis
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

have a file with 300 columns

I am using awk to split the file to have 255 columns data in one file and rest in another file. This is the script i am using awk -F"|" '{print > $240}' sourcefilename> targetfilename Since, I cannot import the data into excel sheet , as excel sheet accepts only 255 columns, I am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)                                                Debhelper                                               DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)