Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix-oracle
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users aix-oracle Post 20053 by DfctdBwayAdmin on Friday 19th of April 2002 12:30:45 PM
Old 04-19-2002
Computer

in order to be able to diagnose an ora-600 error. you need the exceptions to the error (this typically is displayed in [kvskdk] format immediately following the error. you can also take a look at the entire error and trace file message by going to
/$ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert*.log assuming your .profile is correctly set up for the oracle user.
while oerr is a great utility for diagnosing, or at least finding a place to start in diagnosing most oracle errors. it is completely useless when it comes to oralce 600's (internal error, that usually only oracle can help with, and they do not document through oerr)
1) I would create a metalink account metalink.oracle.com (free) and only takes a few minutes top complete application
2)I would find the actual alert message( in the log mentioned above), and take a look at the trace file (which is mentioned in the alert log and is usually ../udump from the directory above. take the entire 600 including exceptions and enter it in the search line on metalink. hopefully it will set you up with a few articles that might help pertaining to your memory leak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and AIX

Hi @all Who's able to help me? I've a running Oracle DB on AIX 4.3.3. You've also an Oracle Client running for this. So however, how it's possible, that I can see the CURRENT VERSION of my Oracle CLIENT. I've tried several things, but it doesn't work. Thanks a lot! Regards Oliver :( :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olli2002
4 Replies

2. AIX

oracle 9i on AIX 5.2

Hello, mornig can you help me whit this error: "Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run" and i can't start the installation of ORACLE 9i... see you later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseantoniohv
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0

Hi All, I need to update some AIX servers from 5.2 to 5.3 OR 6.1 . The management is pressing for 6.1, but on our systems runs Oracle 9.2.0 . I couldn't find any clear warning about the possibility of compatibility issues between AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0 but, on the other hand, I couldn't find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
0 Replies

4. AIX

Aix, Oracle and Java

Hello Im trying to install oracle on my AIX 5.3 server. Im doing all things right as Oracle says... When im trying to run the instalation it gives me an error about JRE. But i already have JRE installed as you can see... Someone can help me or guide me? Im new in with this.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfca
1 Replies

5. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX to Windows Oracle DB

Dear All, I have a requirement where there are applicaions installed in Unix machine that has to update a set of Oracle data base installed in Windows machine, the question I have here is, which protocol alows Unix application to interact with Database in Windows env. and do we require some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prav_06
2 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on AIX 5300-07

Seek help from all of the experts here. Database Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 run on AIX 5300-07. The system is running so slow that sometime 1 click of changing screen will take more than 5 minutes. The hardware in this LPAR is 6CPUs, 21GB-RAM, 42GB-Paging and run on p570 server POWER 5+. And the vmo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC on AIX

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix 61 and oracle 11

Hi, we need to upgrade from aix 5.3 oracle 9 to aix 6.1 oracle 11. Our base interest is on vmo and disk setup On aix 5.3 we change lru_file_repage to 0. We split disk layout ( emc cx4 ) to tree volume groups: - one for data base files ( one filesystem over two lun/hdiskpower, block size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prebila
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX and Oracle

Hello All, I was approached by DBAs, and they want me to create a large_page on AIX and also change oracle file systems to CIO. They are complaining the system is taking longer time for processing and we are unnecessary wasting memory and CPU for file system cache. To do that I have to change... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
12 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)