Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mistakenly issued crontab -r
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mistakenly issued crontab -r Post 20040 by Perderabo on Friday 19th of April 2002 11:06:55 AM
Old 04-19-2002
There is nothing special for this exact situation. You will need to recover the crontab from a backup tape.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

Hi I have a shell script which works fine at the command line and does works in crontab also but does not send the output to mail as other scripts do by default. 10 1 * * * /export/home/test/report_script by default should send the output to mail but the script runs OK and the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab help

Hi All, Please help me in understanding the crontab entries and also below queries 1. how can we set a crontab entry 2. from where the cronjob will run( if default) 3. you can we specify the location from which the cronjob should run. 4. how can we capture the output of the cronjob. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaduka
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

How can I run "crontab" (parameters) every 6 hours on solaris machine? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture of all commands issued by the user “root”

I have to write a script (not C based) that allows to capture of all commands issued by the user “root”. First, I tried to monitor the .bash_history but the commands are written in chunk after the .bash_history is closed. How can I capture the commands in Real-Time without waiting root to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elieifrah@gmail
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Crontab

Is it possible to add a line to a crontab to so that a program will run every 15 minutes? how will this line look? Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
10 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab

Hi I have an entry in the cron file. 10 3 * * * /usr/bin/test.sh I want to change it to: 00 11 * * * /usr/bin/test.sh how to do this without entering the crontab file and edit the change? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mistakenly renamed libdl.so: system got corrupted

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit (Hardy Heron LTS Desktop edition) OS on a 64-bit intel hardware (x86_64). I have wrongly renamed the /lib64/libdl-2.7.so shared library file and now hardly few commands are working. My Gnome UI display has gone and I could not establish any new connection via... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
12 Replies

8. AIX

Crontab

How can i schedule a batch job/script to run every minute every day? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on (standard input) messages being issued by script

Hi. I'm working in an IBM mainframe UNIX environment and am running a script as follows: for i in `find . -name *.xml -type f` do test -f $i && iconv -f IBM-932 -t IBM-1047 $i | egrep -l $1 && echo $1" found i n" $i "searching as ASCII" done The idea is to locate all *.xml files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neilrhysjenkins
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

how can i create a personal entry for "user1" that creates a compressed version of the directory home/user1 every tuesday at 8.30pm and ensure the compressed version is forwarded to the users home directory ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erve1986
1 Replies
AMVERIFY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMVERIFY(8)

NAME
amverify - check an Amanda tape for errors SYNOPSIS
amverify config [ slot [ runtapes ] ] DESCRIPTION
Amverify reads an Amanda format tape and makes sure each backup image can be processed by amrestore and, if possible, the appropriate restore program (e.g. tar). Amverify runs amrestore on each file of the tape and pipes the output to a restore program (if available) with an option to create a cata- logue of the backup. The catalogue itself is discarded. Only the success or failure of the operation itself is reported. If the backup image cannot be processed by the restore program, e.g. if it was written on a different operating system, the image is sent through dd to /dev/null. This still determines if the tape is readable, but does not do any internal consistency check on the image. If config is set up to use a tape changer, the slot argument may be used to choose the first tape to process. Otherwise, the current slot is used. The runtapes configuration parameter determines how many tapes are processed unless it is specified on the command line. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. AUTHOR
Axel Zinser <fifi@icem.de> SEE ALSO
amrestore(8), amanda(8), amverifyrun(8) AMVERIFY(8)