Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check directory space?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check directory space? Post 20023 by hugo_perez on Friday 19th of April 2002 09:10:04 AM
Old 04-19-2002
It is also necessary to have present if:

The filesystem is a large enabled filesystem?
There are a file large limit for users in the server?

Regards, Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check space !!!

The have written the below script :- ============================ SPACE=`bdf /DATA_TRANSFER|awk '{print $4}' |grep "%"` TEST="96%" if then echo "Continue ....." sleep 2 else echo " Current space for DATA_TRANSFER is less than 02 %" echo " Pls clear space and than continue ....."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space check

Hi, I have a question regarding finding free space on the disk of a solaris machine. Many mount points are available in my machine. Right now i am using df -b option to get the free disk space available. I have an assignment to check free space on the disk. I pass the directory as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
6 Replies

4. Programming

C++: how to check my directory disk space

I have a directory, and I write some files in to that. How to throw the error exception when my directory is full. i.e. there is no disk space (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check disk space

Hi All, pls go thru the below code and help me. when i check "df -k" in my solaris system .. it will show like below.. fd 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 20171281 2319266 17650303 12% /var /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 10085260 443854... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if line has a space

Hi, I want to check if the given line from a text file has a spaces in between. if it does, then I want to add '"' double quotes at the beginning and end of the line. Otherwise leave the line as it is. For example, below is the sample content from my file. $cat file.txt test1 test2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Looking to check disk space

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to check the disk space and if any portion disk space usage high then write to one file, later will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasminshakoor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check disk space

I am trying a script which will alert if disk space crosses some threshold, i googled it and got some scripts already, but they are not working with my server. The problem is, my filesystem names are big, so the sizes are moving to the second line. just like below any ideas? thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the mount space

Hi, When i check the cifs = cifs i could get two dupliates of cifs present in unix. so the system couldnt check. could you please let me know how to make the change code to find out the unique one in the line 6. 1NTBD="/ft/sv/ss" 2check_ntfs() 3{ 4 # Check that the necessary NT areas are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keerthi2016
1 Replies
xfs_admin(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      xfs_admin(8)

NAME
xfs_admin - change parameters of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_admin [ -eflpu ] [ -c 0|1 ] [ -L label ] [ -U uuid ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_admin uses the xfs_db(8) command to modify various parameters of a filesystem. Devices that are mounted cannot be modified. Administrators must unmount filesystems before xfs_admin or xfs_db(8) can convert parameters. A number of parameters of a mounted filesystem can be examined and modified using the xfs_growfs(8) command. OPTIONS
-e Enables unwritten extent support on a filesystem that does not already have this enabled (for legacy filesystems, it can't be dis- abled anymore at mkfs time). -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). -j Enables version 2 log format (journal format supporting larger log buffers). -l Print the current filesystem label. -p Enable 32bit project identifier support (PROJID32BIT feature). -u Print the current filesystem UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier). -c 0|1 Enable (1) or disable (0) lazy-counters in the filesystem. This operation may take quite a bit of time on large filesystems as the entire filesystem needs to be scanned when this option is changed. With lazy-counters enabled, the superblock is not modified or logged on every change of the free-space and inode counters. Instead, enough information is kept in other parts of the filesystem to be able to maintain the counter values without needing to keep them in the superblock. This gives significant improvements in performance on some configurations and metadata intensive workloads. -L label Set the filesystem label to label. XFS filesystem labels can be at most 12 characters long; if label is longer than 12 characters, xfs_admin will truncate it and print a warning message. The filesystem label can be cleared using the special "--" value for label. -U uuid Set the UUID of the filesystem to uuid. A sample UUID looks like this: "c1b9d5a2-f162-11cf-9ece-0020afc76f16". The uuid may also be nil, which will set the filesystem UUID to the null UUID. The uuid may also be generate, which will generate a new UUID for the filesystem. The mount(8) manual entry describes how to mount a filesystem using its label or UUID, rather than its block special device name. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8), xfs_db(8), xfs_growfs(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs(5). xfs_admin(8)