Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check directory space?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check directory space? Post 20016 by Perderabo on Friday 19th of April 2002 07:52:14 AM
Old 04-19-2002
I think that the df utility might be a better choice here. And again there is a man page on this this utility as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check space !!!

The have written the below script :- ============================ SPACE=`bdf /DATA_TRANSFER|awk '{print $4}' |grep "%"` TEST="96%" if then echo "Continue ....." sleep 2 else echo " Current space for DATA_TRANSFER is less than 02 %" echo " Pls clear space and than continue ....."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space check

Hi, I have a question regarding finding free space on the disk of a solaris machine. Many mount points are available in my machine. Right now i am using df -b option to get the free disk space available. I have an assignment to check free space on the disk. I pass the directory as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
6 Replies

4. Programming

C++: how to check my directory disk space

I have a directory, and I write some files in to that. How to throw the error exception when my directory is full. i.e. there is no disk space (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check disk space

Hi All, pls go thru the below code and help me. when i check "df -k" in my solaris system .. it will show like below.. fd 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 20171281 2319266 17650303 12% /var /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 10085260 443854... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if line has a space

Hi, I want to check if the given line from a text file has a spaces in between. if it does, then I want to add '"' double quotes at the beginning and end of the line. Otherwise leave the line as it is. For example, below is the sample content from my file. $cat file.txt test1 test2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Looking to check disk space

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to check the disk space and if any portion disk space usage high then write to one file, later will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasminshakoor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check disk space

I am trying a script which will alert if disk space crosses some threshold, i googled it and got some scripts already, but they are not working with my server. The problem is, my filesystem names are big, so the sizes are moving to the second line. just like below any ideas? thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the mount space

Hi, When i check the cifs = cifs i could get two dupliates of cifs present in unix. so the system couldnt check. could you please let me know how to make the change code to find out the unique one in the line 6. 1NTBD="/ft/sv/ss" 2check_ntfs() 3{ 4 # Check that the necessary NT areas are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keerthi2016
1 Replies
MII(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MII(4)

NAME
mii -- IEEE 802.3 Media Independent Interface network bus SYNOPSIS
acphy* at mii? phy ? # Altima AC101 10/100 PHY amhphy* at mii? phy ? # AMD 79c901 PHY (10BASE-T part) bmtphy* at mii? phy ? # Broadcom BCM5201/5202 PHYs brgphy* at mii? phy ? # Broadcom BCM5400/5401 Gig-E PHYs ciphy* at mii? phy ? # Cicada CS8201 Gig-E PHYs dmphy* at mii? phy ? # Davicom DM9101 PHYs exphy* at mii? phy ? # 3Com internal PHYs gentbi* at mii? phy ? # Generic ten-bit 1000BASE-X PHYs glxtphy* at mii? phy ? # Level One LXT-1000 Gig-E PHYs gphyter* at mii? phy ? # NatSemi DP83861 Gig-E PHYs icsphy* at mii? phy ? # Integrated Circuit Systems ICS1890 PHYs ikphy* at mii? phy ? # Intel 82563 PHYs inphy* at mii? phy ? # Intel 82555 PHYs iophy* at mii? phy ? # Intel 82553 PHYs lxtphy* at mii? phy ? # Level One LXT-970 PHYs makphy* at mii? phy ? # Marvel 88E1000 Gig-E PHYs nsphy* at mii? phy ? # NatSemi DP83840 PHYs nsphyter* at mii? phy ? # NatSemi DP83843/DP83815 PHYs pnaphy* at mii? phy ? # Generic HomePNA PHYs qsphy* at mii? phy ? # Quality Semiconductor QS6612 PHYs rgephy* at mii? phy ? # Realtek 8169S/8110S internal PHYs rlphy* at mii? phy ? # Realtek 8139/8201L PHYs sqphy* at mii? phy ? # Seeq 80220/80221/80223/80225 PHYs tlphy* at mii? phy ? # ThunderLAN internal PHYs tqphy* at mii? phy ? # TSC Semiconductor 78Q2120 PHYs ukphy* at mii? phy ? # Generic/unknown PHYs urlphy* at mii? phy ? # Realtek RTL8150L internal PHYs options MIIVERBOSE DESCRIPTION
Media Independent Interface is an IEEE standard serial bus for connecting MACs (network controllers) to PHYs (physical media interfaces). The mii layer allows network device drivers to share support code for various PHY models, and allows unused support for PHYs which are not present in a system to be removed from the kernel. Network device drivers which use the mii layer carry the ``mii'' autoconfiguration attribute. This allows kernel configuration files to sim- ply specify PHYs as described above in the synopsis. The following is an example of the messages displayed when a network interface with an attached PHY is detected by the kernel: epic0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0: SMC EPIC/100 Fast Ethernet epic0: interrupting at kn20aa irq 4 epic0: SMC9432TX, Ethernet address 00:e0:29:07:17:c4 qsphy0 at epic0 phy 3: QS6612 10/100 media interface, rev. 1 qsphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto All PHY drivers display the media types supported by the PHY when it is detected by the kernel. These media types are valid media keywords for use with the ifconfig(8) program. SEE ALSO
acphy(4), amhphy(4), bmtphy(4), brgphy(4), ciphy(4), dmphy(4), exphy(4), gentbi(4), glxtphy(4), gphyter(4), icsphy(4), ifmedia(4), ikphy(4), inphy(4), iophy(4), lxtphy(4), makphy(4), nsphy(4), nsphyter(4), pnaphy(4), qsphy(4), rgephy(4), rlphy(4), sqphy(4), tlphy(4), tqphy(4), ukphy(4), urlphy(4), ifconfig(8) The OUI assignments list can be found at: http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml BSD
October 13, 2006 BSD