Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling Software
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Compiling Software Post 19867 by l22 on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 12:36:47 PM
Old 04-17-2002
... its Linux 2.2.20

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiling

I recently loaded SuSE on my intel comp. I am presently taking a walk down memory lane from my days at UofT. I was fiddling round with cc and the gcc compilers. I wrote a basic basic basic program . I tried to compile it as I remember doing in Uni. The problem is that it can't find the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cantcatchme
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling software

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
3 Replies

5. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

8. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
UNIMPLEMENTED(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  UNIMPLEMENTED(2)

NAME
afs_syscall, break, ftime, gtty, lock, mpx, phys, prof, profil, stty, ulimit - unimplemented system calls SYNOPSIS
Unimplemented system calls. DESCRIPTION
These system calls are not implemented in the Linux 2.0 kernel. RETURN VALUE
These system calls always return -1 and set errno to ENOSYS. NOTES
Note that ftime(3), profil(3) and ulimit(3) are implemented as library functions. Some system calls, like ioperm(2), iopl(2), ptrace(2) and vm86(2) only exist on certain architectures. Some system calls, like ipc(2) and {create,init,delete}_module(2) only exist when the Linux kernel was built with support for them. SEE ALSO
obsolete(2) Linux 2.0 1998-06-12 UNIMPLEMENTED(2)