Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac OS X & Unix.
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Mac OS X & Unix. Post 19782 by LAdesign on Tuesday 16th of April 2002 06:28:49 PM
Old 04-16-2002
Ok...

¿ how do i call up the list of terminal commands ?

Cheers again Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Web Dev

Could someone recommend a good book? Regarding Unix and Mac os X? I know the OS is new, but Unix ain't. I would like to know more about setting up the webserver on my machine. All the HTML works fine, it's just when i try to execute a cgi, php or a pl script.. :( I have tried and tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chojin
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

MAC OS X : Q & A :

:confused: = :mad: = :eek: = We have the answear ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i[c]e
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Where & what bash env file, Mac OS?

Hi! I wanted to simplify my bash prompt, so I edited my etc/bashrc file. I thought this was the file that would override any other env files. When I opened it, I saw that the way it was setup was not what my prompt looked like, although I forget exactly what was there. But i edited it the way I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudon't
1 Replies
ENVIRON(5)							File Formats Manual							ENVIRON(5)

NAME
environ - user environment SYNOPSIS
extern char **environ; DESCRIPTION
An array of strings called the `environment' is made available by exec(2) when a process begins. By convention these strings have the form `name=value'. The following names are used by various commands: PATH The sequence of directory prefixes that sh, time, nice(1), etc., apply in searching for a file known by an incomplete path name. The prefixes are separated by `:'. Login(1) sets PATH=:/bin:/usr/bin. HOME A user's login directory, set by login(1) from the password file passwd(5). TERM The kind of terminal for which output is to be prepared. This information is used by commands, such as nroff or plot(1), which may exploit special terminal capabilities. See term(7) for a list of terminal types. Further names may be placed in the environment by the export command and `name=value' arguments in sh(1), or by exec(2). It is unwise to conflict with certain Shell variables that are frequently exported by `.profile' files: MAIL, PS1, PS2, IFS. SEE ALSO
exec(2), sh(1), term(7), login(1) ENVIRON(5)