Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic networking
Special Forums IP Networking basic networking Post 19597 by eNTer on Sunday 14th of April 2002 06:38:54 AM
Old 04-14-2002
Network diagnostic starts from lower layers to upper layers.
1. Ckeck connectivity [is there link between your computers]?
2. Check data link layer [C:\arp -a on win32 or # arp -a -n on .nix/linux]
3. Check network layer [ping remote_computer] - is there "network unreachable"? "request timeout"? is there a firewall active on any of these computers? Some people says that RH7.2 comes with the firewall enabled by default
Good luck!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Basic networking questions.

Hey, I'm new to Linux. I have a few questions about it. I run Slackware. After the installation the Linux installation had problems with my old hardware (network card, sound card) so I removed them and Linux would start. But now, I can't seem to use the network card in Linux because it's not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RellioN
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic networking setup in unix

I have a SunOS 5.8 box and have always downloaded & applied patches via my PC, but I want to be able to go out to sunsolve directly from the console ... however, I guess it doesn't know the IP of our domain's DNS server or something. Where are these setting held on a Sun box??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Networking

Hi, I have a question on networking. I will try to ask with an example... Suppose i am googling something, as in searching something in the google page. In this case what I basically want to know is, does the client do a connect evrytime to the server whenever a search is done in google,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Basic networking please help

I am running Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server editions on two separate VMs. For the desktop I have set network adapters: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Adapter 2: NAT Server: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Now I'm suppose to set ip addresses which I'm pretty sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
BlueZ(1)							   User Commands							  BlueZ(1)

NAME
dund - BlueZ Bluetooth dial-up networking daemon DESCRIPTION
DUN daemon SYNOPSIS
dund <options> [pppd options] OPTIONS
--show --list -l Show active DUN connections --listen -s Listen for DUN connections --dialup -u Listen for dialup/telephone connections --connect -c <bdaddr> Create DUN connection --mrouter -m <bdaddr> Create mRouter connection --search -Q[duration] Search and connect --kill -k <bdaddr> Kill DUN connection --killall -K Kill all DUN connections --channel -C <channel> RFCOMM channel --device -i <bdaddr> Source bdaddr --nosdp -D Disable SDP --auth -A Enable authentification --encrypt -E Enable encryption --secure -S Secure connection --master -M Become the master of a piconet --nodetach -n Do not become a daemon --persist -p[interval] Persist mode --pppd -d <pppd> Location of the PPP daemon (pppd) --msdun -X [timeo] Enable Microsoft dialup networking support --activesync -a Enable Microsoft ActiveSync networking --cache -C [valid] Enable address cache DUN daemon February 2003 BlueZ(1)