Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic networking
Special Forums IP Networking basic networking Post 19597 by eNTer on Sunday 14th of April 2002 06:38:54 AM
Old 04-14-2002
Network diagnostic starts from lower layers to upper layers.
1. Ckeck connectivity [is there link between your computers]?
2. Check data link layer [C:\arp -a on win32 or # arp -a -n on .nix/linux]
3. Check network layer [ping remote_computer] - is there "network unreachable"? "request timeout"? is there a firewall active on any of these computers? Some people says that RH7.2 comes with the firewall enabled by default
Good luck!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Basic networking questions.

Hey, I'm new to Linux. I have a few questions about it. I run Slackware. After the installation the Linux installation had problems with my old hardware (network card, sound card) so I removed them and Linux would start. But now, I can't seem to use the network card in Linux because it's not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RellioN
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic networking setup in unix

I have a SunOS 5.8 box and have always downloaded & applied patches via my PC, but I want to be able to go out to sunsolve directly from the console ... however, I guess it doesn't know the IP of our domain's DNS server or something. Where are these setting held on a Sun box??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Networking

Hi, I have a question on networking. I will try to ask with an example... Suppose i am googling something, as in searching something in the google page. In this case what I basically want to know is, does the client do a connect evrytime to the server whenever a search is done in google,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Basic networking please help

I am running Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server editions on two separate VMs. For the desktop I have set network adapters: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Adapter 2: NAT Server: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Now I'm suppose to set ip addresses which I'm pretty sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
pods::SDLx::LayerManager(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     pods::SDLx::LayerManager(3pm)

NAME
SDLx::LayerManager - Extension for managing layers in a 2D world CATEGORY
Extension SYNOPSIS
use SDLx::Layer; use SDLx::LayerManager; use SDL::Image; use SDL::Surface; use SDL::Video; # creating layers my $layer1 = SDLx::Layer->new( SDL::Image::load('image1.png'), {userdata => '7'} ); my $layer2 = SDLx::Layer->new( SDL::Image::load('image2.png'), 100, 200, {userdata => '42'} ); # creating the manager that holds the layers my $layermanager = SDLx::LayerManager->new(); $layermanager->add( $layer1 ); $layermanager->add( $layer2 ); my $display = # create your video surface here $layermanager->blit( $display ); # accessing the layer at point(x,y) print( $layermanager->by_position( 150, 200 )->data->{userdata} ); # should print '42' DESCRIPTION
SDLx::LayerManager is a package to handle a bunch of layers. A layer (see SDLx::Layer) is an SDL::Surface, the position of the surface on screen and some additional information. The layermanager gives you the opportunity to obtain the layer at a given point on screen and get the layers that are ahead or behind a layer. You will even be able to attach one or more layers to the mouse, e.g. for simulation some drag&drop functionality. METHODS
new my $layermanager = SDLx::LayerManager->new(); This creates your layermanager object. It doesn't take any parameters. add $layermanager->add( $layer ); $layermanager->add( SDLx::Layer->new( $surface, $x, $y, $options ) ); Call "add" to push an SDLx::Layer object to the layermanager. layers my @layers = @{ $layermanager->layers }; my $first_layer = $layermanager->layers->[0]; The method "layers" returns all layers that were added before. layer my $layer = $layermanager->layer( $index ); To obtain only one layer at index $index use this function. $index ranges from 0 to "length - 1". length my $length = $layermanager->length(); This method returns the count of the added layers. blit $layermanager->blit( $surface ); This method blits all layers to the surface (e.g. your video surface). by_position my $layer = $layermanager->by_position( $x, $y ); "by_position" returns the "SDLx::Layer" object at point "$x $y", which is not fully transparent at this pixel. ahead my @layers = @{ $layermanager->ahead( $index ) }; This method returns all layers that are ahead of the given layer indicated by $index. Ahead means that a layer has a higher z-index and is blitted over the given layer. Note: This method doesn't check for transparency. This will change in future versions. behind my @layers = @{ $layermanager->behind( $index ) }; This method returns all layers that are behind of the given layer indicated by $index. Behind means that a layer has a lower z-index and is blitted before the given layer. Note: This method doesn't check for transparency. This will change in future versions. attach $layermanager->attach( $layer, $x, $y ); $layermanager->attach( @layers, $x, $y ); This function makes the given layer(s) sticky to the mouse. If you move the mouse the layer(s) will follow. The layermanager blits these layers at last, so they will appear on top of all layers. $x and $y should be set to the coords of the mouse, e.g. the coords of the mouse click. If you omit $x and $y the layermanager obtains them via SDL::Events::get_mouse_state. Note: The z-index is not changed for the given layers. detach_xy $layermanager->detach_xy( $x, $y ); "detach_xy" detaches the previously attached layers to the given coords. The upper left corner of the backmost layer will be at $x and $y. The other layers are positioned relative to the backmost layer just like before. detach_back $layermanager->detach_back( ); "detach_back" detaches the previously attached layers back to the position where they were attached. foreground $layermanager->foreground( $layer ); $layermanager->foreground( @layers ); This method moves the given layer(s) to the foreground so that they are blitted on top of the other layers. BUGS
Report at sdlperl.ath.cx SUPPORT
#sdl irc.perl.org AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SDL(2). perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDLx::LayerManager(3pm)