Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interactive Restore waring
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Interactive Restore waring Post 19026 by thehoghunter on Friday 5th of April 2002 01:17:10 AM
Old 04-05-2002
If it is asking for the volume, just punch in 0. It should work then.
thehoghunter

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies
E2LABEL(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   E2LABEL(8)

NAME
e2label - Change the label on an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2label device [ volume-label ] DESCRIPTION
e2label will display or change the volume label on the ext2, ext3, or ext4 filesystem located on device. If the optional argument volume-label is not present, e2label will simply display the current volume label. If the optional argument volume-label is present, then e2label will set the volume label to be volume-label. Ext2 volume labels can be at most 16 characters long; if volume-label is longer than 16 characters, e2label will truncate it and print a warning message. It is also possible to set the volume label using the -L option of tune2fs(8). AUTHOR
e2label was written by Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu). AVAILABILITY
e2label is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2LABEL(8)