Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Angle brackets
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Angle brackets Post 1890 by mib on Thursday 5th of April 2001 06:06:53 AM
Old 04-05-2001
if you need more space between words you can use <b>&amp;nbsp;</b>

this &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; is &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; an &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; example &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

angle brackets should be escaped automatically

I think that HTML code within posts should be turned off -- the vB Code can provide all the features we need. Then, you should modify the program to automatically escape any angle brackets, so that &lt; gets translated to &amp;lt; and &gt; gets translated to &amp;gt; I see a lot of people garble their posts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Multicore from a different angle

Everyone seemed to be a little stumped by the multicore question I asked earlier this week, so I decided I'd try a different angle. Turns out that on a multicore system HP-UX reports every core as a seperate processor. All the usual commands (ioscan, top, etc.) report two processors for every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
7 Replies

3. Linux

By angle-brackets/"pipe" button doesn't work?

How can I configure it? I have a swedish keyboard with swedish keyboard setting. Everything works perfectly (едц) except that button. What can be wrong? /Richard ++ NOTE: It seems like the computer notices the input but that the button isn't assigned to anything (the keyboard-cursor stops).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies
wc(1)								   User Commands							     wc(1)

NAME
wc - display a count of lines, words and characters in a file SYNOPSIS
wc [-c | -m | -C] [-lw] [file...] DESCRIPTION
The wc utility reads one or more input files and, by default, writes the number of newline characters, words and bytes contained in each input file to the standard output. The utility also writes a total count for all named files, if more than one input file is specified. wc considers a word to be a non-zero-length string of characters delimited by white space (for example, SPACE, TAB). See iswspace(3C) or isspace(3C). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Counts bytes. -C Same as -m. -l Counts lines. -m Counts characters. -w Counts words delimited by white space characters or new line characters. Delimiting characters are Extended Unix Code (EUC) char- acters from any code set defined by iswspace(). If no option is specified, the default is -lwc (counts lines, words, and bytes.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: file A path name of an input file. If no file operands are specified, the standard input will be used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of wc when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of wc: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cksum(1), isspace(3C), iswalpha(3C), iswspace(3C), setlocale(3C), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 wc(1)