Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MP3 driver for Unix
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers MP3 driver for Unix Post 18687 by killerserv on Tuesday 2nd of April 2002 01:55:15 AM
Old 04-02-2002
Quote:
Originaly posted by perbende
I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)?
There is no such thing as MP3 Driver. The phrase that you might refering to possibly be a Sound driver, check this link below. Might help some troubleshooting technics in Unixware.
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/unixware/trouble/

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

TRUE Unix-64 Printer Driver for HP-6L laserjet.

Can anyone suggest me from where to download the printer driver for HP 6L laserjet printer for servers/desktops having TRUE Unix-64 and Unixware 7.0 OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parbende
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Serial Driver Development

Hi Friends, I have an immediate requiement to develop a virtual serial communication driver for UNIX based system. The driver should be able to receive all the data, transmitted through the serial port. My goal is to get all the data transmitted through the serial port, do some modification in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santhoshac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Driver for UNIX

I have no experiance in Unix and I am trying to help our DBAs set up a connection from a Unix Oracle box to a DB2 database on an AS400 server. Does anyone know where I might find a good generic ODBC driver for Unix that should be able to connect to AS400? Any links to sites that would help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doctorofstyle
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

5. Linux

Port Linux Driver to Unix

I looking for someone who can help me port a Linux Driver to a OpenBSD( OS X ) Unix Driver. The driver is for a Logic Controls LD9000 USB Customer Display. The currently don't have a driver for the mac operating system, but they do however have one for the Linux OS. So, I am just trying to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghost1
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP Unix 10.20 DDS Tape Driver Corruption

Dear Experts and Advanced User, I encounter a rare problem as mentioned above. I am not able to read the tape cartridge using the following command: #dd if=/dev/rmt/0mnb ibs=16k | tar tvf - It will prompt me with the message saying DD I/O error, broken pipe; everytime the above command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stufftiger
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

8. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
NORMALIZE-MP3(1)					      General Commands Manual						  NORMALIZE-MP3(1)

NAME
normalize-mp3 - adjust levels of mp3 or ogg files by running normalize-audio(1), then re-encoding SYNOPSIS
normalize-mp3 [OPTION]... [FILE]... normalize-ogg [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Normalize volume of mp3 or ogg files by decoding, running normalize, and re-encoding. This requires as much extra disk space as the largest mp3 or ogg file, decoded. Note that for batch and mix mode, all files must be decoded, so there must be enough disk space for the decoded copies of all specified mp3 and ogg files. --ogg Convert files to OGG, regardless of original format --mp3 Convert files to MP3, regardless of original format --bitrate BR Set bitrate of re-encoded file (default 128) --tmpdir TMP Put temporary WAV files in temp directory TMP --notags Do not copy ID3 or OGG tags to the output file The following four options may be used to set the encoder and decoder commands for mp3 and ogg vorbis. %m is expanded to the name of the mp3 or vorbis file, %w expands to the name of the temporary WAV file, and %b expands to the bitrate, as specified by the --bitrate option. Run normalize-mp3 with no arguments to see the default values. --mp3encode=X mp3 encoder --mp3decode=X mp3 decoder --oggencode=X ogg vorbis encoder --oggdecode=X ogg vorbis decoder -h Display this help and exit. -V Display version information and exit. These arguments are passed as arguments to normalize-audio. Run "normalize-audio --help" for more info. -a AMP -g ADJ -n -T THR -b -m -v -q REPORTING BUGS Report bugs to <chrisvaill@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
The normalize-audio(1) Man page NOTES
This page was provided by Eduardo Macan <macan@debian.org> September 2001 NORMALIZE-MP3(1)