Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory D'oh! Apple Pro Keyboard Blues Post 18675 by killerserv on Monday 1st of April 2002 08:07:19 PM
Old 04-01-2002
are you running MAX OS X ? What version ? Have you checked your power cables. Able to open the cover, check any burning spots. Try those similar technics first could be some h/ware fault. Consult with your PC dealer for help. Could get some help.. Post back

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pro's and cons for Linux

Hi there thanks for checking in The I T manager over here wants us to convert 1 branch in our company from Win98 to Linux I would just like to know the types of problems that we will have once this is done. I would also like to know the following. Does Linux come with a Office package... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies
volmgt_running(3VOLMGT) 				Volume Management Library Functions				   volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)

NAME
volmgt_running - return whether or not volume management is running SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lvolmgt [ library ... ] #include <volmgt.h> int volmgt_running(void); DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete. The management of removable media by the Volume Management feature, including vold, has been replaced by soft- ware that supports the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL). Programmatic support for HAL is through the HAL APIs, which are documented on the HAL web site. See hal(5). volmgt_running() tells whether or not Volume Management is running. RETURN VALUES
volmgt_running() always returns 0 indicating Volume Management (as implemented by vold) is not running. ERRORS
volmgt_running() will fail, returning 0, if a stat(2) or open(2) of /dev/volctl fails, or if any of the following is true: ENXIO Volume Management is not running. EINTR An interrupt signal was detected while checking to see if Volume Management was running. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using volmgt_running() To see if Volume Management is running: if (volmgt_running() != 0) { (void) printf("Volume Management is running "); } else { (void) printf("Volume Management is NOT running "); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), open(2), stat(2), volmgt_check(3VOLMGT), volmgt_inuse(3VOLMGT), attributes(5), hal(5) NOTES
Volume Management must be running for many of the Volume Management library routines to work. SunOS 5.11 8 Mar 2007 volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)