Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new disk slices
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new disk slices Post 18583 by 98_1LE on Sunday 31st of March 2002 12:06:06 AM
Old 03-31-2002
I almost forgot the cheap fix, though this may not be acceptable in your situation. It is just making links. /opt and /export cannot already exist when you creat the link.

If opt exists, you will need to run this first to make a copy of /opt under /usr.
Code:
find /opt | cpio -pdmv /usr

Then go into single user mode
Code:
reboot -- -s

If /opt is already it's own slice and it is mounted, it will have to be unmounted.
Code:
fuser -uck /opt ; umount /opt

Then, make the links.
Code:
fuser -uck /opt
mv /opt /opt.old
ln -s /usr/opt /opt
mkdir -p /usr/export/home
ln -s /usr/export /export
reboot

This method will not limit the size of each directory tree. If all seems to be working well, you can delete /opt.old
Code:
rm -rf /opt.old

If not, you can roll back
Code:
rm /opt
mv /opt.old /opt

Last edited by 98_1LE; 03-31-2002 at 01:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 installation slices

Anyone know if SUN recommends users to install the root parition on 1 single slice or break out the /var , /etc, /opt etc on separate slices? What if i only have a single hdd that is only 2 GB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resizing slices

I downloaded the Solaris recommended patched for x86 and tried to install it, but I got the message that I dont have enough disk space. I don't want to install the patches without the option to back out. Anyway I did a df -k and found that my root mount point is in 948MB whereas my /export/home is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

*BSD slices - multiple questions

Can you have a second primary slice on a second hdd? I know that primary slices are defined in the mbr, but where are all the sub partitions defined at? From the OBSD installation FAQ: What exactly is in the PBR? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Derrek
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resize root disk slices

I have a Sun box running Solaris 9. My root disk was slices too small when it was installed and I am now at 99% capacity for my root partition. Is it possible, and if so how?, to increase the size of slice 0 and decrease the size of slice 7?? Thanks! Current partition table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
6 Replies

5. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Partitioning hard disk. Want 8 slices...have 9

Hi all I'm having difficulty setting up a proper disk structure on a 72GB HDD. The drive was previously part of a zfs pool. The zpool has ben destroyed and now I want to use the disk in a raid 5 array. I need to partition the disk accordingly though. This is what the partition table currently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

7. Solaris

ufs slices info in solaris

how do you get start and end sector of a UFS slice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. BSD

NetBSD, SPARC, UFS slices

I need to shrink a UFS slice with NetBSD on SPARC. seems the only way is backup+reformat. can someone please give me exact commands for that? presumably backup is file-by-file instead of sector-by-sector, but how to preserve permissions/dates/attributes.. ? thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Scrapping slices

Hi Admins, Server is sparc solaris 9 I am new into solaris with little experiemce with SVM. /dev/dsk/c3t0d1s4 /u05 /dev/dsk/c3t0d1s3 /u02 /dev/dsk/c3t0d1s5 /u11 There are 3 file system created on slices of disk c3t0d1. Now i want to scrap all the slices and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

partition of slices

Hello, I am using solaris 10 x86. my root and backup slices is having same memory 10 GB and same cylinders numbers . My root and backup cylinders ends at same cylinder number 1031. so for creating a new slice i am giving starting cylinder from 1302 and this is giving me error as "out of range" .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies
doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)				       Lua OO Cairo binding				       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)

Name
       lua-oocairo-fontopt - options controlling text rendering

Introduction
       A font options object contains options that tell Cairo how to render text on surfaces.  They can be created with the "font_options_create"
       function in the main oocairo module (see lua-oocairo(3)), and retrieved from scaled fonts or context objects with "get_font_options"
       methods.

Font options objects can be compared with the "==" operator.  Two different objects with the same options set will be considered equal.

Methods
       The following methods are available on font options objects:

opt:copy ()
	   Returns a new font options object, with identical options to opt.  The two objects will be completely independent, so you can set them
	   to have different options.

opt:get_antialias ()
	   Get the current antialiasing mode, which will be one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_antialias()" method.

opt:get_hint_metrics ()
	   Returns the current hint metrics option, which will be one of the same strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_metrics()" method.

opt:get_hint_style ()
	   Get the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  Returns one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_style()" method.

opt:get_subpixel_order ()
	   Returns the current ordering of colour components in pixels used for subpixel rendering, which will be one of the same strings accepted
	   by the "opt:set_subpixel_order()" method.

opt:hash ()
	   Return a number which can be used as a hash key identifying the particular options in opt.  That is, if you wanted to cache fonts
	   according to the options set on them, you could store them in a table with this hash value as the key.  Two font options objects with
	   the same options will have the same hash value.

opt:merge (srcopt)
	   Add any options which are set to a non-default value in srcopt to opt if that still has the default value from them.  The options in
	   srcopt will be unchanged.  Nothing is returned.

opt:set_antialias (antialiastype)
	   Set the antialiasing mode used for drawing.	The argument must be a string or boolean value accepted by the "set_antialias" method on
	   context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

opt:set_hint_metrics (hintmetrics)
	   Set the kind of hinting to be applied to the metrics, as opposed to outlines, of the glyphs in a font.  The hintmetrics value must be
	   one of the following strings:

off
	   on
       opt:set_hint_style (hintstyle)
	   Set the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  The hintstyle value must be one of the following strings:

none
	   slight
	   medium
	   full
       opt:set_subpixel_order (order)
	   Used to inform Cairo of the arrangement of colour components in the pixels of a display device like a monitor.  Only applies if
	   subpixel antialiasing is used.  The order value must be one of the following strings:

rgb
	   bgr
	   vrgb
	   vbgr

The last two options refer to vertical arrangements of colours.

1.4								    2011-05-18					       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)